(19-8, 4-7 away)
(19-8, 15-2 home)
Venue: Rupp Arena
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, February 23, 2013
||P Pressey 27
||A Oriakhi 15
||P Pressey 10
||J Mays 24
||W Cauley-Stein 12
||R Harrow 6
Missouri faced off with Kentucky on Saturday, Feb. 23 and got beat at home by the Wildcats 90-83 in overtime. Phil Pressey secured a double-double in the loss including a career-high 27 points and 10 assists. Alex Oriakhi played his way to a double-double as well with 16 points and 15 rebounds. Alex Poythress got 21 points and seven rebounds for the Wildcats. The next game will be on Thursday, Feb. 28 when Missouri (19-8, 8-6 SEC) goes to South Carolina (13-14, 3-11 SEC).
Missouri Game Notes
- Missouri has played in two overtime games this season. Over the last five seasons, the Tigers have played in 10 overtime games with a record of 5-5.
- The Tigers have been unlucky five times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Missouri is 22-23 in close games.
- When the opposition records 30 or more field goals made this season, Missouri has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 50.8 percent or better this season, Missouri has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 16 or more assists this season, Missouri has lost 100 percent of the time (0-6).
- The Tigers have outshot their opponents in free throw percentage for the past four games.
- This is the second loss of the season where the Tigers opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- Phil Pressey recorded a team season high in points with 27, field goals made with 12, and field goals attempted with 24.
- Phil Pressey accounted for 32.5 percent of the team's points.
- Alex Oriakhi accounted for 38.4 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Phil Pressey has led the team in scoring in seven out of 27 games this season.
- Alex Oriakhi has led the team in rebounding in 16 out of 27 games this season.
- This marks the eighth 20-point game of Phil Pressey's career.
- Phil Pressey recorded a double-double. It was his fourth this season and sixth of his career.
- Phil Pressey had career highs with 27 points and 12 field goals made.
- Alex Oriakhi recorded the 36th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Alex Oriakhi.
- Alex Oriakhi recorded a double-double. It was his ninth this season and 23rd of his career.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Laurence Bowers.
Kentucky Game Notes
- The Wildcats won this one, but have lost two times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Kentucky is 29-19 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Julius Mays and Alex Poythress) accounted for 50.0 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Willie Cauley-Stein and Ryan Harrow) accounted for 48.7 percent of the rebounds.
- Julius Mays has led the team in scoring five times in 27 games this season.
- Willie Cauley-Stein has led the team in rebounding six times in 27 games this season.
- This marks the 11th 20-point game of Julius Mays's career.
- Ryan Harrow set a career high with eight rebounds.
- This marks the sixth 20-point game of Alex Poythress's career.
- Willie Cauley-Stein recorded the third double-digit rebound game of his career.