Prairie View A&M 65
(12-16, 3-14 away)
Alabama State 56
(9-19, 7-5 home)
Venue: Dunn-Oliver Acadome
6:00PM ET / 3:00PM PT, February 23, 2013
|Prairie View A&M
|Prairie View A&M
||J DeMuynck 17
||J DeMuynck 7
||C Blair Jr 3
||J Freelove 21
||S Patterson 9
||D McDaniel 5
Alabama State was beaten at home by Prairie View A&M 65-56 in conference play in a game where they had 22 turnovers. The Hornets are now 0-2 against Prairie View A&M this season. The Hornets got a game-high 21 points from Josh Freelove, with 15 points coming from three-point range. Denaell McDaniel scored 10 points and added five assists. For the Panthers, Jourdan DeMuynck finished with a team-high 17 points and seven rebounds. Next up for Alabama State (9-19, 7-8 SWAC) is Texas Southern (13-14, 12-2 SWAC) on Monday, Feb. 25 at home.
Alabama State Game Notes
- Alabama State has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-4) after recording five or fewer free throws made.
- Alabama State has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-4) after committing 22 or more turnovers.
- The Hornets have lost 91 percent of the time this season (1-10) after having a field goal percentage of 37.5 percent or worse.
- When the opposition records 23 or more field goals made this season, Alabama State has lost 88 percent of the time (2-15).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 37.5 percent or better this season, Alabama State has lost 88 percent of the time (2-14).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 40.4 percent or better this season, Alabama State has lost 80 percent of the time (4-16).
- The Hornets set season highs for rebounds (47) and turnovers (22).
- ASU set a season low for steals (two).
- The Hornets have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past seven games.
- This is the third loss of the season where the Hornets opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- This is the 11th game at home this season--ASU has a 3.1 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Josh Freelove accounted for 37.5 percent of the team's points.
- Josh Freelove has led the team in scoring in 14 out of 28 games this season.
- Shawntez Patterson has led the team in rebounding in four out of 28 games this season.
- Ryan Watts had a career high with six field goals made.
- Shawntez Patterson had career highs with nine rebounds and five offensive rebounds.
- This marks the fourth 20-point game of Josh Freelove's career.
- Josh Freelove has four straight double-digit point games.
- This was the fourth foul out of the season for Phillip Crawford.
Prairie View A&M Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Jourdan DeMuynck and Ryan Gesiakowski) accounted for 50.7 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Jules Montgomery and Jourdan DeMuynck) accounted for 48.2 percent of the rebounds.
- Jourdan DeMuynck has led the team in scoring 15 times in 28 games this season.
- Jules Montgomery has led the team in rebounding eight times in 28 games this season.
|B||Carl Blair Jr||37||12||4||3||4||0||6|