(14-12, 2-9 away)
New Mexico State 55
(19-9, 13-1 home)
Venue: Pan American Center
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, February 23, 2013
|New Mexico State
||M Moore 10
||C Lang 5
||M Moore 2
|New Mexico State
||K Aronis 11
||S Bhullar 9
||D Mullings 5
On Saturday, Feb. 23, Texas-El Paso lost on their home court to New Mexico State 55-51. The loss evens the season series between the two teams at 1-1. The Miners got a team-high 10 points and five rebounds from McKenzie Moore. John Bohannon scored eight points and added five rebounds. Daniel Mullings finished with five points and eight rebounds for the Aggies. Next up for Texas-El Paso (14-12, 7-5 C-USA) is Houston (14-10, 4-8 C-USA) on Wednesday, Feb. 27 at home.
Texas-El Paso Game Notes
- UTEP beat the spread by 0.5 points. That makes the 12th time this season the Miners have beaten the spread.
- The Miners have been unlucky six times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Texas-El Paso is 28-25 in close games.
- Texas-El Paso has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-6) after recording 51 or fewer total points.
- The Miners have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-9) after having a field goal percentage of 42.0 percent or worse.
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 42.9 percent or better this season, Texas-El Paso has lost 100 percent of the time (0-8).
- UTEP set a season low for free throws made (four).
- The Miners have outshot their opponents in free throw percentage for the past four games.
- Texas-El Paso has recorded fewer rebounds than their opponents for the past eight games.
- McKenzie Moore has led the team in scoring in four out of 26 games this season.
- John Bohannon has led the team in rebounding in 10 out of 26 games this season.
New Mexico State Game Notes
- The Aggies won this one, but have lost four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, New Mexico State is 28-25 in close games.
- The top two rebounders (Sim Bhullar and Renaldo Dixon) accounted for 48.5 percent of the rebounds.
- Sim Bhullar has led the team in rebounding seven times in 28 games this season.
- Bandja Sy has three straight double-digit point games.
|C||Terrel de Rouen||29||7||2||1||0||1||1|