(15-12, 4-7 away)
(13-13, 10-6 home)
Venue: Louis Brown Athletic Center
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, February 23, 2013
||B Cotton 22
||L Henton 10
||V Council 6
||D Miller 17
||K Jack 10
||M Mack 5
Providence squared off with Rutgers on Saturday, Feb. 23 and got a road victory against the Scarlet Knights 76-72 in Big East action. The Friars got a double-double out of LaDontae Henton with 18 points and 10 rebounds. Bryce Cotton had a game-high 22 points and added four rebounds. For the Scarlet Knights, Dane Miller finished with a team-high 17 points and eight rebounds. Providence (15-12, 7-8 Big East) gets St. John's (16-10, 8-6 Big East) at home on Saturday, Mar. 2.
Providence Game Notes
- Providence started 15-12 during the 2002, 2001, and 1998 seasons (since 1996).
- PC beat the spread by three points. That makes the 12th time this season the Friars have beaten the spread.
- The Friars have won six close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Providence is 23-30 in close games.
- The Friars have won 80 percent of the time this season (4-1) after recording 76 or more total points.
- PC has won every game this season (5-0) when opponents record nine or fewer assists.
- PC has won 92 percent of the time this season (12-1) after holding an opponent to under 40.6 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Providence has won 86 percent of the time (6-1) when LaDontae Henton has 18 points or more and 80 percent of the time (8-2) when Bryce Cotton has four assists or more.
- The top two scorers (Bryce Cotton and LaDontae Henton) accounted for 52.6 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (LaDontae Henton and Kadeem Batts) accounted for 48.6 percent of the rebounds.
- Bryce Cotton has led the team in scoring in 15 out of 27 games this season.
- LaDontae Henton has led the team in rebounding in 14 out of 27 games this season.
- This marks the 24th 20-point game of Bryce Cotton's career.
- Bryce Cotton has 15 straight double-digit point games.
- LaDontae Henton recorded the 20th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- LaDontae Henton has four straight double-digit point games.
- LaDontae Henton recorded a double-double. It was his 10th this season and 19th of his career.
- Kadeem Batts has five straight double-digit point games.
- This was the sixth foul out of the season for Kadeem Batts.
Rutgers Game Notes
- The Scarlet Knights have lost four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Rutgers is 26-30 in close games.
- This loss extended the Scarlet Knights losing streak to three games.
- The top two scorers (Dane Miller and Kadeem Jack) accounted for 44.4 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Kadeem Jack and Wally Judge) accounted for 40.9 percent of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (22) than the starters (20).
- The bench recorded more points (39) than the starters (33).
- Dane Miller has led the team in scoring three times in 26 games this season.
- Kadeem Jack has led the team in rebounding 10 times in 26 games this season.
- Kadeem Jack recorded the second double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Kadeem Jack recorded a double-double. It was the first of his career.