(15-12, 4-7 away)
(13-13, 10-6 home)
Venue: Louis Brown Athletic Center
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, February 23, 2013
||B Cotton 22
||L Henton 10
||V Council 6
||D Miller 17
||K Jack 10
||M Mack 5
On Saturday, Feb. 23, Rutgers lost at home against Providence 76-72 in conference play. Dane Miller put up a team-high 17 points and eight rebounds for the Scarlet Knights. Kadeem Jack played his way to a double-double with a career-high 15 points and 10 rebounds. LaDontae Henton recorded a double-double for the Friars on 18 points and 10 rebounds. This makes three losses in a row for the Scarlet Knights. The next game will be on Saturday, Mar. 2 when Rutgers (13-13, 4-11 Big East) travels to 11th-ranked Georgetown (21-4, 11-3 Big East).
Rutgers Game Notes
- The last time Rutgers started the season 13-13 was 2010.
- The Scarlet Knights have been unlucky four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Rutgers is 26-30 in close games.
- The Scarlet Knights have lost 75 percent of the time this season (3-9) after having a field goal percentage of 40.6 percent or worse.
- Rutgers has lost 75 percent of the time this season (1-3) after recording nine or fewer assists.
- When the opposition commits seven or fewer turnovers this season, Rutgers has lost 75 percent of the time (1-3).
- Rutgers set a season low for steals (two).
- This is the 15th game at home this season--Rutgers has a 2.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Dane Miller and Kadeem Jack) accounted for 44.4 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Kadeem Jack and Wally Judge) accounted for 40.9 percent of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (22) than the starters (20).
- The bench recorded more points (39) than the starters (33).
- Dane Miller has led the team in scoring in three out of 26 games this season.
- Kadeem Jack has led the team in rebounding in 10 out of 26 games this season.
- Kadeem Jack recorded the second double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Kadeem Jack recorded a double-double. It was the first of his career.
Providence Game Notes
- The Friars won this one, but have lost six times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Providence is 23-30 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Bryce Cotton and LaDontae Henton) accounted for 52.6 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (LaDontae Henton and Kadeem Batts) accounted for 48.6 percent of the rebounds.
- Bryce Cotton has led the team in scoring 15 times in 27 games this season.
- LaDontae Henton has led the team in rebounding 14 times in 27 games this season.
- This marks the 24th 20-point game of Bryce Cotton's career.
- Bryce Cotton has 15 straight double-digit point games.
- LaDontae Henton recorded the 20th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- LaDontae Henton has four straight double-digit point games.
- LaDontae Henton recorded a double-double. It was his 10th this season and 19th of his career.
- Kadeem Batts has five straight double-digit point games.
- This was the sixth foul out of the season for Kadeem Batts.