North Texas 57
(11-19, 3-11 away)
South Alabama 69
(16-10, 10-5 home)
Venue: Mitchell Center
8:05PM ET / 5:05PM PT, February 23, 2013
||A Williams 15
||T Mitchell 11
||C Jones 6
||M Ammons 18
||A Rubit 15
||W Wright 3
On Saturday, Feb. 23, North Texas took on South Alabama and was beaten at home by the Jaguars 69-57 in conference play. With the loss, the Mean Green even the season series against South Alabama at 1-1. The Mean Green got a double-double out of Tony Mitchell with 11 points and 11 rebounds. Alzee Williams scored 15 points and added three rebounds. Javier Carter recorded a double-double for the Jaguars on 10 points and 12 rebounds. North Texas (11-19, 6-13 Sun Belt) takes on Arkansas State (18-9, 12-6 Sun Belt) on Thursday, Feb. 28 at home.
North Texas Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 3:53 left to go.
- North Texas has lost 83 percent of the time this season (1-5) after recording 57 or fewer total points.
- The Mean Green have lost 75 percent of the time this season (1-3) after having a field goal percentage of 33.8 percent or worse.
- When the opposition records 69 or more total points this season, North Texas has lost 100 percent of the time (0-16).
- When the opposition records 25 or more field goals made this season, North Texas has lost 92 percent of the time (1-12).
- When the opposition records 15 or more free throws made this season, North Texas has lost 80 percent of the time (3-12).
- The top two scorers (Alzee Williams and Tony Mitchell) accounted for 45.6 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Tony Mitchell and Jordan Williams) accounted for 46.1 percent of the rebounds.
- Alzee Williams has led the team in scoring in four out of 30 games this season.
- Tony Mitchell has led the team in rebounding in 20 out of 30 games this season.
- Tony Mitchell recorded the 22nd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Tony Mitchell recorded a double-double. It was his eighth this season and 18th of his career.
- Alzee Williams has eight straight double-digit point games.
South Alabama Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Mychal Ammons and Antoine Allen) accounted for 43.4 percent of the points.
- Augustine Rubit accounted for 31.2 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Mychal Ammons has led the team in scoring five times in 26 games this season.
- Augustine Rubit has led the team in rebounding 20 times in 26 games this season.
- Augustine Rubit recorded the 49th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Javier Carter recorded the fourth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Javier Carter recorded a double-double. It was his first this season and third of his career.
- Javier Carter set a career high with 12 rebounds.
- Mychal Ammons has four straight double-digit point games.
|C-||B. Stevens II||17||2||1||0||0||0||0|