Loyola (MD) 69
(20-9, 8-6 away)
Tennessee State 67
(16-12, 10-2 home)
Venue: Gentry Complex
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, February 23, 2013
||E Etherly 26
||E Etherly 8
||R Williams 5
||P Miller 17
||R Covington 9
||J Cyphers 3
On Saturday, Feb. 23, Loyola (MD) took on Tennessee State and just barely beat the Tigers 69-67. It looked like this one could get ugly, with Tennessee State up 49-38 at the half, but Loyola (MD) was able to make a comeback and secure the win in the second half. The Greyhounds got the win with a season-high 26 points and eight rebounds from Erik Etherly. Dylon Cormier also had a solid game, scoring 20 points and adding three rebounds. Patrick Miller got a team-high 17 points and five rebounds for the Tigers. This makes three wins in a row for the Greyhounds. Loyola (MD) (20-9, 11-5 MAAC) takes on Iona (15-13, 9-7 MAAC) on Friday, Mar. 1 on the road.
Loyola (MD) Game Notes
- The win over Tennessee State extended the Loyola (MD) winning streak to three games.
- LMDU beat the spread by 3.5 points. That makes the 13th time this season the Greyhounds have beaten the spread.
- The Greyhounds have won seven close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Loyola (MD) is 31-27 in close games.
- Loyola (MD) has won every game this season (10-0) when its field goal percentage has been 48.2 percent or better.
- The Greyhounds have won 82 percent of the time this season (9-2) after recording 69 or more total points.
- LMDU has won every game this season (7-0) when opponents record two or fewer blocks.
- This season Loyola (MD) has won 86 percent of the time (6-1) when Dylon Cormier has 20 points or more and 100 percent of the time (6-0) when Erik Etherly plays 37 minutes or more.
- Loyola (MD) has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past 12 games.
- This is the fourth win of the season where the Greyhounds came back after being down at halftime.
- Erik Etherly accounted for 37.6 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Erik Etherly and Robert Olson) accounted for 43.3 percent of the rebounds.
- Erik Etherly has led the team in scoring nine times and in rebounding 10 times in 29 games this season.
- This marks the 12th 20-point game of Erik Etherly's career.
- Erik Etherly had a career high with 10 field goals made.
- This marks the 15th 20-point game of Dylon Cormier's career.
- Dylon Cormier has three straight double-digit point games.
Tennessee State Game Notes
- The Tigers have lost two times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Tennessee State is 30-30 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Patrick Miller and Kellen Thornton) accounted for 47.7 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Robert Covington and Kellen Thornton) accounted for 42.8 percent of the rebounds.
- Patrick Miller has led the team in scoring 11 times in 28 games this season.
- Robert Covington has led the team in rebounding eight times in 28 games this season.
- Robert Covington has six straight double-digit point games.
- Patrick Miller has eight straight double-digit point games.
- Jordan Cyphers has three straight double-digit point games.
- Kellen Thornton has four straight double-digit point games.
- This was the seventh foul out of the season for Kellen Thornton.