Ark-Little Rock 59
(15-14, 3-10 away)
Florida Atlantic 73
(13-17, 10-4 home)
Venue: FAU Arena
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 23, 2013
||L Isler 14
||L Isler 7
||L Isler 2
||G Gantt 26
||D Sekelja 9
||J Trapp 4
Florida Atlantic squared off with Arkansas-Little Rock on Saturday, Feb. 23 and came out on top against the Trojans 73-59 in Sun Belt play. The Owls tie the season series against Arkansas-Little Rock at 1-1 with the win. The Owls got the win with 25 points and seven rebounds from Stefan Moody. Greg Gantt had a game-high 26 points and added five rebounds. Leroy Isler finished with a team-high 14 points and seven rebounds for the Trojans. Next up for Florida Atlantic (13-17, 8-11 Sun Belt) is Florida International (15-12, 10-8 Sun Belt) on Saturday, Mar. 2 on their home court.
Florida Atlantic Game Notes
- FAU beat the spread by 14 points. That makes the 11th time this season the Owls have beaten the spread.
- The Owls have won every game this season (7-0) after recording 73 or more total points.
- Florida Atlantic has won 75 percent of the time this season (6-2) when its field goal percentage has been 48.1 percent or better.
- Florida Atlantic has won 75 percent of the time this season (6-2) after committing 12 or fewer turnovers.
- FAU has won every game this season (5-0) after holding an opponent to under 33.3 percent field goal percentage.
- FAU has won 86 percent of the time this season (6-1) when opponents record 59 or fewer total points.
- This season Florida Atlantic has won 71 percent of the time (5-2) when Greg Gantt has 26 points or more, 88 percent of the time (7-1) when Stefan Moody has three three-pointers or more, and 71 percent of the time (5-2) when Jackson Trapp has four assists or more.
- This is the 13th game at home this season--FAU has a 5.2 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Greg Gantt accounted for 35.6 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Dragan Sekelja and Jordan McCoy) accounted for 42.5 percent of the rebounds.
- Greg Gantt has led the team in scoring in 26 out of 30 games this season.
- Dragan Sekelja has led the team in rebounding in five out of 30 games this season.
- This marks the fifth 20-point game of Stefan Moody's career.
- This marks the 41st 20-point game of Greg Gantt's career.
- Greg Gantt has 27 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Jackson Trapp.
- This was the seventh foul out of the season for Kelvin Penn.
Arkansas-Little Rock Game Notes
- This loss extended the Trojans losing streak to four games.
- The top two scorers (Leroy Isler and Josh Hagins) accounted for 40.6 percent of the points.
- Leroy Isler has led the team in scoring three times and in rebounding four times in 29 games this season.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Michael Javes.