(18-9, 4-7 away)
(5-21, 5-10 home)
Venue: Tutor Fieldhouse
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, February 23, 2013
||R Tarrant 30
||J Davis 16
||J Davis 2
||T Jackson 19
||A Ramljak 4
||T Jackson 3
On Saturday, Feb. 23, Tulane took on Rice and easily defeated the Owls 89-64 in C-USA action. With a record of 2-0, the Green Wave stay undefeated against Rice this season. The Green Wave got a double-double out of Josh Davis with 23 points and 16 rebounds. Ricky Tarrant was on fire from three-point range, going 6 for 8 to get to a season-high 30 points overall (3 Reb 3 Stl). For the Owls, Max Guercy finished with a team-high 19 points and three rebounds. Tulane (18-9, 6-6 C-USA) takes on UAB (13-14, 5-7 C-USA) on Wednesday, Feb. 27 at home.
Tulane Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 5:02 left to go.
- Tulane started 18-9 during the 1999 and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- Tulane beat the spread by 16 points. That makes the 10th time this season the Green Wave have beaten the spread.
- This was the fifth blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, Tulane has been on the winning end of 23 blowout games.
- The Green Wave have won every game this season (5-0) after recording 28 or more field goals made.
- Tulane has won every game this season (8-0) when opponents record 19 or fewer field goals made.
- Tulane has won 92 percent of the time this season (11-1) after holding an opponent to under 43.2 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Tulane has won 73 percent of the time (8-3) when Josh Davis has seven field goals made or more and 85 percent of the time (11-2) when Ricky Tarrant has six free throws made or more.
- The Green Wave set a season high for three-point percentage (52.9).
- The last time Tulane had a three-point percentage of 52.9 percent or higher was Nov 25, 2011 against Alcorn State.
- Ricky Tarrant recorded a team season high in points with 30.
- Josh Davis tallied a team season high in offensive rebounds with nine and free throws attempted with 16.
- Ricky Tarrant accounted for 33.7 percent of the team's points.
- Josh Davis accounted for 41.0 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Ricky Tarrant has led the team in scoring in 12 out of 27 games this season.
- Josh Davis has led the team in rebounding in 24 out of 27 games this season.
- This marks the 10th 20-point game of Josh Davis's career.
- Josh Davis has five straight double-digit point games.
- Josh Davis recorded a double-double. It was his 15th this season and 27th of his career.
- Josh Davis had career highs with 16 rebounds and nine offensive rebounds.
- This marks the 17th 20-point game of Ricky Tarrant's career.
- Ricky Tarrant had a career high with six three-pointers.
Rice Game Notes
- This was the seventh blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, Rice has been on the losing end of 28 blowout games.
- This loss extended the Owls losing streak to six games.
- The top two scorers (Max Guercy and Tamir Jackson) accounted for 59.3 percent of the points.
- Max Guercy has led the team in scoring four times in 26 games this season.
- Ross Wilson has led the team in rebounding four times in 26 games this season.
- Tamir Jackson has 10 straight double-digit point games.