Northern Iowa was beaten at home by Denver 63-57 on Saturday, Feb. 23. The Panthers were paced by Seth Tuttle, who put up a game-high 18 points and five rebounds. Jake Koch had eight points and added eight rebounds. Brett Olson finished with a team-high 16 points and five rebounds for the Pioneers. Next up for Northern Iowa (17-12, 10-6 The Valley) is Southern Illinois (12-16, 4-12 The Valley) on Wednesday, Feb. 27 on the road.
Northern Iowa Game Notes
- Northern Iowa started 17-12 during the 2011 and 2006 seasons (since 1996).
- Northern Iowa has lost 83 percent of the time this season (1-5) after recording nine or fewer assists.
- When the opposition records three or more blocks this season, Northern Iowa has lost 89 percent of the time (1-8).
- When the opposition records 13 or more assists this season, Northern Iowa has lost 88 percent of the time (1-7).
- The Panthers have recorded more steals than their opponents for the past four games.
- This is the 15th game at home this season--UNI has a 13.3 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Seth Tuttle accounted for 31.5 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Jake Koch and Seth Tuttle) accounted for 44.8 percent of the rebounds.
- Seth Tuttle has led the team in scoring in five out of 29 games this season.
- Jake Koch has led the team in rebounding in 11 out of 29 games this season.
- Anthony James had a career high with a 100 percent three-point percentage.
Denver Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Brett Olson and Chris Udofia) accounted for 44.4 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Chris Udofia and Brett Olson) accounted for 55.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Brett Olson has led the team in scoring seven times in 26 games this season.
- Chris Udofia has led the team in rebounding 11 times in 26 games this season.
- Chris Udofia has six straight double-digit point games.
- Chase Hallam has three straight double-digit point games.
- Chase Hallam set a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.