(12-17, 9-9 home)
Venue: McKenzie Arena
7:30PM ET / 4:30PM PT, February 23, 2013
||R Beaumont 20
||R Beaumont 7
||J Isenbarger 6
||G McGhee 24
||G McGhee 8
||R White 5
Chattanooga defeated Elon 72-68 in conference play on Saturday, Feb. 23. With the win, the Mocs even the season series against Elon at 1-1. The Mocs were led by Gee McGhee, who got a season-high 24 points and eight rebounds. Casey Jones scored eight points and added five rebounds. Ryley Beaumont got a team-high 20 points and seven rebounds for the Phoenix. Chattanooga (12-17, 7-9 SoCon) heads to Western Carolina (12-17, 8-8 SoCon) on Thursday, Feb. 28.
Chattanooga Game Notes
- UTC beat the spread by 9.5 points. That makes the 12th time this season the Mocs have beaten the spread.
- The Mocs have won five close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Chattanooga is 31-20 in close games.
- Chattanooga has won every game this season (5-0) when its field goal percentage has been 51.1 percent or better.
- The Mocs have won 89 percent of the time this season (8-1) after recording 72 or more total points.
- UTC has won 80 percent of the time this season (4-1) when opponents record 25 or fewer rebounds.
- The Mocs have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past five games.
- This is the 18th game at home this season--UTC has a 1.3 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Gee McGhee recorded a team season high in free throws made with 13 and free throws attempted with 19.
- Gee McGhee accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's points.
- Gee McGhee has led the team in scoring nine times and in rebounding 5 times in 29 games this season.
- This marks the third 20-point game of Gee McGhee's career.
- Gee McGhee has 11 straight double-digit point games.
- Z Mason has three straight double-digit point games.
Elon Game Notes
- The Phoenix have lost three times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Elon is 29-28 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Ryley Beaumont and Sebastian Koch) accounted for 48.5 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Ryley Beaumont and Jack Isenbarger) accounted for 44.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Ryley Beaumont has led the team in scoring seven times and in rebounding 15 times in 28 games this season.
- This marks the fourth 20-point game of Ryley Beaumont's career.
- Ryley Beaumont has six straight double-digit point games.
- Ryley Beaumont set career highs with three three-pointers and a 100 percent three-point percentage.