Central Michigan 75
(9-17, 3-11 away)
Youngstown State 86
(16-12, 10-5 home)
Venue: Beeghly Center
7:05PM ET / 4:05PM PT, February 23, 2013
||C Fowler 19
||O Mbaigoto 6
||C Fowler 5
||B Allen 20
||K Belin 4
||D Cole 12
Youngstown State knocked off Central Michigan 86-75 in a game where they shot 60 percent. D.J. Cole picked up a double-double in the win with 12 points and 12 assists. Blake Allen had a season-high 20 points and added three rebounds. For the Chippewas, Chris Fowler finished with a season-high 19 points on 55.6 percent shooting. Youngstown State (16-12, 7-7 Horizon) gets Valparaiso (22-7, 11-3 Horizon) on the road on Tuesday, Feb. 26.
Youngstown State Game Notes
- YSU beat the spread by two points. That makes the 9th time this season the Penguins have beaten the spread.
- The Penguins have won every game this season (4-0) after recording 86 or more total points.
- YSU has won every game this season (4-0) when opponents record 29 or fewer rebounds.
- YSU has won 82 percent of the time this season (14-3) after holding an opponent to under 42.6 percent field goal percentage.
- The Penguins set season highs for field goal percentage (60.0) and three-point percentage (50.0).
- The last time YSU had a field goal percentage of 60.0 percent or higher was Feb 05, 2012 against Loyola (Chicago).
- The Penguins have recorded more three-pointers than their opponents for the past four games.
- Youngstown State has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past six games.
- This is the 14th game at home this season--YSU has a 8.2 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- D.J. Cole recorded a team season high in assists with 12.
- The top two scorers (Kamren Belin and Blake Allen) accounted for 46.5 percent of the points.
- Kamren Belin has led the team in scoring three times and in rebounding 4 times in 28 games this season.
- This game was the first double-digit assist game of D.J. Cole's career.
- D.J. Cole recorded a double-double. It was the first of his career.
- This marks the sixth 20-point game of Blake Allen's career.
- Blake Allen has six straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the third 20-point game of Kamren Belin's career.
- Kamren Belin has 11 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the sixth foul out of the season for Damian Eargle.
Central Michigan Game Notes
- This loss extended the Chippewas losing streak to nine games.
- The top two scorers (Chris Fowler and Kyle Randall) accounted for 48.0 percent of the points.
- Olivier Mbaigoto has led the team in rebounding seven times in 26 games this season.
- Kyle Randall has 21 straight double-digit point games.
- Chris Fowler has three straight double-digit point games.
|B||D. Richardson Jr.||18||2||5||2||2||0||1|
|C+||S. Amiker Jr.||15||7||1||1||1||0||3|