On Saturday, Feb. 23, Marshall lost in front of the home crowd against UAB 52-48 in conference play. The Thundering Herd are now 0-2 against UAB this season. Nigel Spikes got nine points and 15 rebounds in a losing effort. DeAndre Kane had nine points and added seven rebounds (3 Ast 3 Stl). Jordan Swing got a double-double for the Blazers on a team-high 15 points and 10 rebounds. Marshall (12-16, 5-8 C-USA) heads to Houston (14-10, 4-8 C-USA) on Saturday, Mar. 2.
Marshall Game Notes
- Marshall started 12-16 during the 2005 and 2003 seasons (since 1996).
- The Thundering Herd have been unlucky five times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Marshall is 36-28 in close games.
- Marshall has lost 86 percent of the time this season (1-6) after recording nine or fewer assists.
- Marshall set season lows for field goal percentage (26.3) and three-point percentage (11.5).
- The Thundering Herd have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past five games.
- Marshall has recorded fewer steals than their opponents for the past seven games.
- This is the 14th game at home this season--Marshall has a 6.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Elijah Pittman accounted for 37.5 percent of the team's points.
- Nigel Spikes accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Elijah Pittman has led the team in scoring in 12 out of 28 games this season.
- Nigel Spikes has led the team in rebounding in nine out of 28 games this season.
- Elijah Pittman has eight straight double-digit point games.
- Nigel Spikes recorded the 16th double-digit rebound game of his career.
UAB Game Notes
- The Blazers won this one, but have lost three times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, UAB is 36-24 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Jordan Swing and Rod Rucker) accounted for 53.8 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Robert Williams and Jordan Swing) accounted for 42.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Jordan Swing has led the team in scoring 11 times in 27 games this season.
- Robert Williams has led the team in rebounding three times in 27 games this season.
- Jordan Swing recorded the fifth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jordan Swing recorded a double-double. It was the third of his career.
- Jordan Swing set a career high with nine defensive rebounds.
- Robert Williams recorded the first double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Robert Williams set career highs with 11 rebounds and six offensive rebounds.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Fahro Alihodzic.