Bethune-Cookman squared off with South Carolina State on Saturday, Feb. 23 and beat the Bulldogs 85-75 in MEAC action. With a record of 2-0, the Wildcats stay undefeated against South Carolina State this season. Adrien Coleman earned a double-double in the win including a game-high 26 points and 11 rebounds. Kevin Dukes also had a solid game, scoring 19 points and adding three rebounds (3 Ast 3 Stl). Matthew Hezekiah registered a double-double for the Bulldogs on 18 points and 11 rebounds. Bethune-Cookman (11-16, 6-6 MEAC) takes on Savannah State (17-10, 10-2 MEAC) on Monday, Feb. 25 at home.
Bethune-Cookman Game Notes
- Bethune-Cookman started 11-16 during the 2001 and 1998 seasons (since 1996).
- The Wildcats have won every game this season (5-0) after recording 85 or more total points.
- Bethune-Cookman has won 83 percent of the time this season (5-1) when its three-point percentage has been 40.0 percent or better.
- This season Bethune-Cookman has won 80 percent of the time (4-1) when Adrien Coleman has five assists or more.
- The Wildcats set a season high for free throws made (23).
- The last time B-CU recorded at least 23 free throws made was Mar 09, 2012 against Hampton.
- Bethune-Cookman has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past seven games.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--B-CU has a 6.6 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Adrien Coleman accounted for 30.5 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Adrien Coleman and Jarvoris Bryant) accounted for 45.9 percent of the rebounds.
- Adrien Coleman has led the team in scoring 19 times and in rebounding 13 times in 27 games this season.
- This marks the 13th 20-point game of Adrien Coleman's career.
- Adrien Coleman has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- Adrien Coleman recorded a double-double. It was his sixth this season and seventh of his career.
- Paul Scotland had a career high with four steals.
South Carolina State Game Notes
- Matthew Hezekiah recorded a team season high in defensive rebounds with 10.
- Khalif Toombs accounted for 32.0 percent of the team's points.
- Matthew Hezekiah accounted for 32.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Khalif Toombs has led the team in scoring six times in 25 games this season.
- Matthew Hezekiah has led the team in rebounding 14 times in 25 games this season.
- Matthew Hezekiah recorded the sixth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Matthew Hezekiah recorded a double-double. It was the sixth of his career.
- This marks the fifth 20-point game of Khalif Toombs's career.
- Khalif Toombs has four straight double-digit point games.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Khalif Toombs.