SC State 75
(5-20, 1-12 away)
(11-16, 8-4 home)
Venue: Moore Gym
4:30PM ET / 1:30PM PT, February 23, 2013
||K Toombs 24
||M Hezekiah 11
||K Toombs 6
||A Coleman 26
||A Coleman 11
||R Johnson 5
South Carolina State faced off with Bethune-Cookman on Saturday, Feb. 23 and got beat at home by the Wildcats 85-75 in conference play. The Bulldogs stay winless against Bethune-Cookman this season at 0-2. Matthew Hezekiah picked up a double-double in a losing effort including 18 points and 11 rebounds. Khalif Toombs also had a great outing, scoring a team-high 24 points and adding six assists. Adrien Coleman registered a double-double for the Wildcats on a game-high 26 points and 11 rebounds. The next game will be on Monday, Feb. 25 when South Carolina State (5-20, 1-10 MEAC) heads to Florida A&M (7-18, 4-8 MEAC).
South Carolina State Game Notes
- The last time SCSU started the season 5-20 was 2011.
- South Carolina State has lost 92 percent of the time this season (1-11) after recording five or fewer steals.
- When the opposition records 85 or more total points this season, South Carolina State has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 40.0 percent or better this season, South Carolina State has lost 100 percent of the time (0-8).
- When the opposition records 19 or more assists this season, South Carolina State has lost 100 percent of the time (0-7).
- The Bulldogs set season highs for field goal percentage (52.9) and turnovers (20).
- The last time SCSU had a field goal percentage of 52.9 percent or higher was Jan 14, 2012 against Bethune-Cookman.
- South Carolina State has recorded fewer assists than their opponents for the past five games.
- Matthew Hezekiah recorded a team season high in defensive rebounds with 10.
- Khalif Toombs accounted for 32.0 percent of the team's points.
- Matthew Hezekiah accounted for 32.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Khalif Toombs has led the team in scoring in six out of 25 games this season.
- Matthew Hezekiah has led the team in rebounding in 14 out of 25 games this season.
- Matthew Hezekiah recorded the sixth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Matthew Hezekiah recorded a double-double. It was the sixth of his career.
- This marks the fifth 20-point game of Khalif Toombs's career.
- Khalif Toombs has four straight double-digit point games.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Khalif Toombs.
Bethune-Cookman Game Notes
- Adrien Coleman accounted for 30.5 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Adrien Coleman and Jarvoris Bryant) accounted for 45.9 percent of the rebounds.
- Adrien Coleman has led the team in scoring 19 times and in rebounding 13 times in 27 games this season.
- This marks the 13th 20-point game of Adrien Coleman's career.
- Adrien Coleman has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- Adrien Coleman recorded a double-double. It was his sixth this season and seventh of his career.
- Paul Scotland set a career high with four steals.