South Carolina 54
(13-14, 3-7 away)
(13-14, 10-8 home)
Venue: Stegeman Coliseum
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, February 23, 2013
||B Ellington 11
||L Chatkevicius 10
||B Ellington 3
||K Caldwell-Pope 18
||B Morris 11
||K Caldwell-Pope 4
Georgia squared off with South Carolina on Saturday, Feb. 23 and knocked off the Gamecocks 62-54 in overtime. With a record of 2-0, the Bulldogs remain undefeated against South Carolina this season. Kentavious Caldwell-Pope played brilliantly for the Bulldogs and put up a game-high 18 points and eight rebounds (4 Ast 4 Stl). Brandon Morris had three points and added 11 rebounds. For the Gamecocks, Bruce Ellington finished with a team-high 11 points. Georgia (12-14, 6-7 SEC) heads to Vanderbilt (11-15, 5-9 SEC) on Wednesday, Feb. 27.
Georgia Game Notes
- The last time UGA started the season 13-14 was 2009.
- UGA beat the spread by 0.5 points. That makes the 13th time this season the Bulldogs have beaten the spread.
- Georgia has played in four overtime games this season. Over the last five seasons, the Bulldogs have played in 16 overtime games with a record of 8-8.
- The Bulldogs have won two close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Georgia is 30-27 in close games.
- The Bulldogs have won every game this season (5-0) after recording six or more blocks.
- UGA has won every game this season (5-0) after holding an opponent to under 30.0 percent field goal percentage.
- UGA has won 90 percent of the time this season (9-1) when opponents record 18 or fewer field goals made.
- This season Georgia has won 71 percent of the time (5-2) when Nemanja Djurisic has 11 points or more.
- The Bulldogs set a season high for free throws made (28).
- The last time UGA recorded at least 28 free throws made was Jan 08, 2011 against Kentucky.
- The Bulldogs have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past five games.
- Georgia has recorded fewer three-pointers than their opponents for the past four games.
- This is the 16th game at home this season--UGA has a 2.4 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Kentavious Caldwell-Pope and Charles Mann) accounted for 51.6 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Brandon Morris and Donte` Williams) accounted for 42.5 percent of the rebounds.
- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope has led the team in scoring in 24 out of 27 games this season.
- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope has 27 straight double-digit point games.
- Nemanja Djurisic had a career high with five offensive rebounds.
- Brandon Morris recorded the first double-digit rebound game of his career.
South Carolina Game Notes
- The Gamecocks have lost four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, South Carolina is 30-27 in close games.
- The top two rebounders (Laimonas Chatkevicius and Michael Carrera) accounted for 41.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Laimonas Chatkevicius has led the team in rebounding three times in 27 games this season.
- Laimonas Chatkevicius recorded the first double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Lakeem Jackson.
- This was the fourth foul out of the season for Michael Carrera.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Brenton Williams.