Coastal Carolina 70
(13-13, 2-10 away)
Western Carolina 80
(12-17, 7-5 home)
Venue: Ramsey Center
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, February 23, 2013
||K Greenwood 20
||T Curtis 8
||K Greenwood 2
||B Boggs 26
||M Brown 7
||T Sumler 3
Coastal Carolina faced off with Western Carolina on Saturday, Feb. 23 and lost in front of the home crowd against the Catamounts 80-70. The Chanticleers were led by Badou Diagne, who put up 13 points and seven rebounds. Anthony Raffa had 19 points and added three rebounds. For the Catamounts, Brandon Boggs got a season-high 26 points and two rebounds. Next up for Coastal Carolina (13-13, 8-6 Big South) is Winthrop (12-15, 5-9 Big South) on Wednesday, Feb. 27 at home.
Coastal Carolina Game Notes
- Coastal Carolina started 13-13 during the 2007 and 2002 seasons (since 1996).
- The Chanticleers have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-3) after having a field goal percentage of 36.2 percent or worse.
- Coastal Carolina has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-4) after recording seven or fewer assists.
- When the opposition records 80 or more total points this season, Coastal Carolina has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 21 or more free throws made this season, Coastal Carolina has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 47.2 percent or better this season, Coastal Carolina has lost 90 percent of the time (1-9).
- The top two scorers (Kierre Greenwood and Anthony Raffa) accounted for 55.7 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Tristian Curtis and Badou Diagne) accounted for 40.5 percent of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (17) than the starters (15).
- Kierre Greenwood has led the team in scoring in five out of 26 games this season.
- This was the sixth foul out of the season for Michel Enanga.
- Anthony Raffa has 12 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the fourth 20-point game of Kierre Greenwood's career.
- This was the third foul out of the season for El Hadji Ndieguene.
Western Carolina Game Notes
- Brandon Boggs accounted for 32.5 percent of the team's points.
- Brandon Boggs has led the team in scoring three times in 29 games this season.
- Tawaski King has led the team in rebounding 11 times in 29 games this season.
- Trey Sumler has eight straight double-digit point games.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Tawaski King.
- Tawaski King set a career high with four steals.
- James Sinclair set career highs with 17 points and four three-pointers.
- This marks the fifth 20-point game of Brandon Boggs's career.
- Brandon Boggs set a career high with a 100 percent three-point percentage.