Western Carolina squared off with Coastal Carolina on Saturday, Feb. 23 and defeated the Chanticleers 80-70. Brandon Boggs played brilliantly for the Catamounts and got a season-high 26 points and two rebounds. James Sinclair had 17 points and added two rebounds. For the Chanticleers, Badou Diagne got 13 points and seven rebounds. Next up for Western Carolina (12-17, 8-8 SoCon) is Chattanooga (11-17, 6-9 SoCon) on Thursday, Feb. 28 on their home court.
Western Carolina Game Notes
- The last time WCU started the season 12-17 was 2011.
- WCU beat the spread by 6.5 points. That makes the 13th time this season the Catamounts have beaten the spread.
- Western Carolina has won 78 percent of the time this season (7-2) when its field goal percentage has been 47.2 percent or better.
- WCU has won 83 percent of the time this season (10-2) when opponents record 21 or fewer field goals made.
- WCU has won 83 percent of the time this season (5-1) after holding an opponent to under 36.2 percent field goal percentage.
- The Catamounts set a season high for three-point percentage (60.0).
- The last time WCU had a three-point percentage of 60.0 percent or higher was Jan 25, 2010 against College of Charleston.
- The Catamounts have outshot their opponents in three-point percentage for the past six games.
- This is the 11th game at home this season--WCU has a 4.1 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Brandon Boggs accounted for 32.5 percent of the team's points.
- Brandon Boggs has led the team in scoring in three out of 29 games this season.
- Tawaski King has led the team in rebounding in 11 out of 29 games this season.
- Trey Sumler has eight straight double-digit point games.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Tawaski King.
- Tawaski King had a career high with four steals.
- James Sinclair had career highs with 17 points and four three-pointers.
- This marks the fifth 20-point game of Brandon Boggs's career.
- Brandon Boggs had a career high with a 100 percent three-point percentage.
Coastal Carolina Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Kierre Greenwood and Anthony Raffa) accounted for 55.7 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Tristian Curtis and Badou Diagne) accounted for 40.5 percent of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (17) than the starters (15).
- Kierre Greenwood has led the team in scoring five times in 26 games this season.
- This was the sixth foul out of the season for Michel Enanga.
- Anthony Raffa has 12 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the fourth 20-point game of Kierre Greenwood's career.
- This was the third foul out of the season for El Hadji Ndieguene.