(22-7, 8-5 away)
Saint Mary's 74
(24-5, 16-2 home)
Venue: McKeon Pavilion
6:00PM ET / 3:00PM PT, February 23, 2013
||D McDermott 22
||G Echenique 5
||G Gibbs 7
||M Dellavedova 19
||B Waldow 12
||M Dellavedova 5
On Saturday, Feb. 23, Saint Mary's defeated Creighton 74-66. Brad Waldow secured a double-double in the Gaels win including 12 points and 12 rebounds. Matthew Dellavedova was solid from three-point range, going 5 for 10 to get to a team-high 19 points overall (6 Reb 5 Ast). Gregory Echenique finished with a season-high 18 points and five rebounds for the Bluejays. This makes three wins in a row for the Gaels. The next game will be on Wednesday, Feb. 27 when Saint Mary's (24-5, 12-2 West Coast) heads to Pepperdine (11-14, 3-9 West Coast).
Saint Mary's Game Notes
- Saint Mary's started 24-5 during the 2011, 2009, 2008, and 2007 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over Creighton extended the Saint Mary's winning streak to three games.
- SMC beat the spread by three points. That makes the 13th time this season the Gaels have beaten the spread.
- The Gaels have won every game this season (8-0) after recording 18 or more free throws made.
- Saint Mary's has won every game this season (7-0) after committing nine or fewer turnovers.
- SMC has won every game this season (5-0) after holding an opponent to under 27.8 percent three-point percentage.
- SMC has won 92 percent of the time this season (12-1) when opponents record 21 or fewer field goals made.
- This season Saint Mary's has won 92 percent of the time (12-1) when Brad Waldow has 12 points or more, 78 percent of the time (7-2) when Stephen Holt plays 35 minutes or more, and 92 percent of the time (12-1) when Matthew Dellavedova has six field goals made or more.
- The Gaels have recorded more three-pointers than their opponents for the past seven games.
- This is the 16th game at home this season--SMC has a 17.6 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Matthew Dellavedova and Stephen Holt) accounted for 43.2 percent of the points.
- Brad Waldow accounted for 30.7 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Matthew Dellavedova has led the team in scoring in 13 out of 29 games this season.
- Brad Waldow has led the team in rebounding in six out of 29 games this season.
- Brad Waldow recorded the fourth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Brad Waldow recorded a double-double. It was his first this season and fourth of his career.
- Brad Waldow had a career high with nine defensive rebounds.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Beau Levesque.
Creighton Game Notes
- Doug McDermott accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's points.
- Doug McDermott has led the team in scoring 23 times in 29 games this season.
- This marks the 50th 20-point game of Doug McDermott's career.
- Doug McDermott has five straight double-digit point games.