Morehead State 79
(13-16, 3-11 away)
(16-14, 10-1 home)
Venue: Athletics Center Arena
5:00PM ET / 2:00PM PT, February 23, 2013
||C Posthumus 19
||C Posthumus 9
||D Atkinson 4
||T Bader 27
||C Petros 9
||D Mondy 5
On Saturday, Feb. 23, Morehead State suffered a close loss to Oakland 82-79 in overtime. Chad Posthumus put up a season-high 19 points and nine rebounds for the Eagles. Angelo Warner also had a solid game, scoring 12 points and adding five rebounds (4 Ast 3 Stl). For the Golden Grizzlies, Drew Valentine got 15 points and eight rebounds. Morehead State (13-16, 7-7 OVC) takes on Tennessee State (16-11, 10-4 OVC) on Thursday, Feb. 28 on the road.
Morehead State Game Notes
- MSU beat the spread by five points. That makes the 10th time this season the Eagles have beaten the spread.
- Morehead State has played in three overtime games this season. Over the last five seasons, the Eagles have played in 10 overtime games with a record of 3-7.
- The Eagles have been unlucky five times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Morehead State is 24-26 in close games.
- The Eagles have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-10) after having a field goal percentage of 38.0 percent or worse.
- Morehead State has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-10) after recording 12 or fewer assists.
- When the opposition records 82 or more total points this season, Morehead State has lost 100 percent of the time (0-6).
- When the opposition records 29 or more free throws made this season, Morehead State has lost 100 percent of the time (0-5).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 53.8 percent or better this season, Morehead State has lost 75 percent of the time (1-3).
- MSU set a season low for steals (four).
- The Eagles have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past four games.
- Morehead State has been outshot by their opponents in field goal percentage for the past nine games.
- This is the second loss of the season where the Eagles opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (Chad Posthumus and Bruce Reed) accounted for 41.7 percent of the points.
- Chad Posthumus has led the team in scoring three times and in rebounding 11 times in 29 games this season.
- Angelo Warner has three straight double-digit point games.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Chad Posthumus.
Oakland Game Notes
- The Golden Grizzlies won this one, but have lost three times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Oakland is 32-21 in close games.
- Travis Bader accounted for 32.9 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Corey Petros and Drew Valentine) accounted for 45.9 percent of the rebounds.
- Travis Bader has led the team in scoring 19 times in 30 games this season.
- Corey Petros has led the team in rebounding 19 times in 30 games this season.
- Drew Valentine has seven straight double-digit point games.
- Drew Valentine set a career high with a 100 percent three-point percentage.
- Ryan Bass has three straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 30th 20-point game of Travis Bader's career.
- Travis Bader has three straight 20+ point games.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Travis Bader.
- This was the fourth foul out of the season for Duke Mondy.