(17) Marquette 56
(19-7, 5-6 away)
(18-10, 11-4 home)
Venue: The Pavilion
6:00PM ET / 3:00PM PT, February 23, 2013
||J Cadougan 12
||S Taylor Jr. 8
||V Blue 4
||D Hilliard 22
||M Yarou 7
||T Chennault 3
On Saturday, Feb. 23, No. 17 Marquette lost at home against Villanova 60-56 in conference play. The Golden Eagles were led by Junior Cadougan, who put up a team-high 12 points and four assists. Chris Otule scored seven points and added six rebounds. For the Wildcats, Darrun Hilliard got a game-high 22 points and two rebounds. The next game will be on Monday, Feb. 25 when Marquette (19-7, 10-4 Big East) hosts eighth-ranked Syracuse (22-5, 10-4 Big East).
Marquette Game Notes
- The Golden Eagles have been unlucky four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Marquette is 29-29 in close games.
- Marquette has lost 83 percent of the time this season (1-5) after recording 56 or fewer total points.
- The Golden Eagles have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past six games.
- Marquette has recorded fewer three-pointers than their opponents for the past five games.
- Junior Cadougan has led the team in scoring in five out of 26 games this season.
Villanova Game Notes
- The Wildcats won this one, but have lost four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Villanova is 31-26 in close games.
- Darrun Hilliard accounted for 36.6 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Mouphtaou Yarou and Ryan Arcidiacono) accounted for 45.8 percent of the rebounds.
- Darrun Hilliard has led the team in scoring seven times in 28 games this season.
- Mouphtaou Yarou has led the team in rebounding 11 times in 28 games this season.
- Mouphtaou Yarou has four straight double-digit point games.
- Ryan Arcidiacono has three straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the third 20-point game of Darrun Hilliard's career.
- Darrun Hilliard set a career high with three three-pointers.
- JayVaughn Pinkston has six straight double-digit point games.
|A||S. Taylor Jr.||12||4||8||0||0||0||2|