|Troy||E Jones 11.2||R Chambers 5.7||H Williams 3.2|
|Arkansas State||E Townsel 13.4||B Peterson 9.7||R Dickerson 2.3|
On Saturday, Arkansas State plays host to Troy at Convocation Center (AR). The game tips off at 8:05 p.m. EST. The Red Wolves lost to the Trojans 74-67 on Jan. 24 and are 2-3 against them over the last four years.
Arkansas State is currently in third place in the conference and Troy is in ninth.
The 19 points by Trey Finn helped the Red Wolves to an 87-54 cakewalk over Louisiana-Monroe on Feb. 16. He is putting up 10.4 points per game while also averaging 4.8 rebounds per game. For the Trojans, Deonata Jethroe finished with 20 points and 6 rebounds in the 76-66 loss to Louisiana on Feb. 21. He is averaging 6.3 points and 3 rebounds per game.
There is a single key statistical area where Arkansas State can exploit Troy, scoring, where the Red Wolves have an edge over the Trojans, 69 points per game to 62 points per game. A key area of strength for Troy is turnover percentage at 16.8 percent, which ranks first in their conference (and 17th nationally).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Arkansas State currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (968 to 952) than Troy, per the NCAA.
- It's only wins and losses, but Arkansas State has a better overall record than Troy this season (17-9 vs. 11-17).
- The Arkansas State blocks leader (Brandon Peterson, 31 blocks) has more blocks than the Troy blocks leader (Emil Jones, 15 blocks).
- Arkansas State has a potent offense, scoring more points (70.2 per game vs. 62.4 per game) than Troy this season.
- Trey Finn is ranked 8th in the Sun Belt in three-pointers and 10th in the Sun Belt in steals.
- Arkansas State attacks the glass, with more rebounds (36.5 per game vs. 33.0 per game) than Troy this season.
- Arkansas State has an average margin of victory of 18 over Troy in three wins since 2005.
- The Arkansas State scoring leader (Edward Townsel, 358 points) has more points than the Troy scoring leader (Emil Jones, 323 points).
- Rakeem Dickerson is ranked 9th in the Sun Belt in steals.
- Arkansas State players are more experienced than Troy players (15,004 minutes played vs. 8,378 minutes played).
- Even computers respect Arkansas State more. Arkansas State has a better RPI this season than Troy (RPI: No. 150 vs. No. 274).