(15-13, 5-10 away)
Indiana State 65
(17-11, 12-2 home)
Venue: Hulman Center
11:00AM ET / 8:00AM PT, February 23, 2013
||L Jones 26
||T Bowman 11
||L Jones 3
||R Mahurin 16
||M Arop 12
||J Odum 7
On Saturday, Feb. 23, Indiana State took on Iona and escaped the Gaels 65-64. The Sycamores were led by Jake Odum, who got 10 points and seven assists. R.J. Mahurin had a team-high 16 points and added six rebounds. Lamont Jones finished with a game-high 26 points (5 Stl 3 Ast) for the Gaels. Next up for Indiana State (17-11, 9-7 The Valley) is Drake (13-15, 6-10 The Valley) on Wednesday, Feb. 27 on their home court.
Indiana State Game Notes
- The Sycamores have won seven close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Indiana State is 37-23 in close games.
- The Sycamores have won 83 percent of the time this season (5-1) after recording 25 or more field goals made.
- Indiana State has won 75 percent of the time this season (12-4) when its three-point percentage has been 35.0 percent or better.
- ISU has won every game this season (7-0) after holding an opponent to under 37.3 percent field goal percentage.
- ISU has won 88 percent of the time this season (14-2) when opponents record 64 or fewer total points.
- This season Indiana State has won 83 percent of the time (5-1) when Dawon Cummings has five rebounds or more.
- The Sycamores set a season high for assists (18).
- The last time ISU recorded at least 18 assists was Jan 29, 2012 against Evansville.
- The Sycamores have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past four games.
- Indiana State has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past four games.
- This is the 13th game at home this season--ISU has a 6.3 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Manny Arop recorded a team season high in rebounds with 12.
- The top two scorers (R.J. Mahurin and Dawon Cummings) accounted for 44.6 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Manny Arop and R.J. Mahurin) accounted for 45.0 percent of the rebounds.
- R.J. Mahurin has led the team in scoring in four out of 28 games this season.
- Manny Arop has led the team in rebounding in 10 out of 28 games this season.
- Jake Odum has nine straight double-digit point games.
- R.J. Mahurin has three straight double-digit point games.
- R.J. Mahurin had a career high with six field goals made.
- Manny Arop recorded the fifth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Manny Arop recorded a double-double. It was the third of his career.
- Manny Arop had a career high with 12 rebounds.
Iona Game Notes
- The Gaels have lost 11 times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Iona is 25-39 in close games.
- This loss extended the Gaels losing streak to three games.
- Lamont Jones recorded a team season high in steals with five.
- Lamont Jones accounted for 40.6 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (David Laury and Tre Bowman) accounted for 55.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Lamont Jones has led the team in scoring 20 times in 28 games this season.
- David Laury has led the team in rebounding 15 times in 28 games this season.
- This was the sixth foul out of the season for Sean Armand.
- This marks the 35th 20-point game of Lamont Jones's career.
- Lamont Jones has 11 straight double-digit point games.
- Lamont Jones set a career high with five steals.
- David Laury recorded the 10th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Tre Bowman recorded the first double-digit rebound game of his career.