(15-13, 5-10 away)
Indiana State 65
(17-11, 12-2 home)
Venue: Hulman Center
11:00AM ET / 8:00AM PT, February 23, 2013
||L Jones 26
||T Bowman 11
||L Jones 3
||R Mahurin 16
||M Arop 12
||J Odum 7
Iona lost a close one to Indiana State 65-64 on Saturday, Feb. 23. The Gaels got a game-high 26 points (5 Stl 3 Ast) from Lamont Jones in minutes. Taaj Ridley also had a strong outing, scoring 16 points and adding eight rebounds. For the Sycamores, Jake Odum finished with 10 points and seven assists. This makes three losses in a row for the Gaels. Iona (15-13, 9-7 MAAC) welcomes Loyola (MD) (20-9, 11-5 MAAC) on Friday, Mar. 1.
Iona Game Notes
- The last time Iona started the season 15-13 was 1998.
- Iona beat the spread by 4.5 points. That makes the 12th time this season the Gaels have beaten the spread.
- The Gaels have been unlucky 11 times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Iona is 25-39 in close games.
- Iona has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-4) after recording 64 or fewer total points.
- Iona set season lows for blocks (one), three-pointers (two), and three-point percentage (12.5).
- The Gaels have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past five games.
- Iona has recorded fewer blocks than their opponents for the past five games.
- Lamont Jones recorded a team season high in steals with five.
- Lamont Jones accounted for 40.6 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (David Laury and Tre Bowman) accounted for 55.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Lamont Jones has led the team in scoring in 20 out of 28 games this season.
- David Laury has led the team in rebounding in 15 out of 28 games this season.
- This was the sixth foul out of the season for Sean Armand.
- This marks the 35th 20-point game of Lamont Jones's career.
- Lamont Jones has 11 straight double-digit point games.
- Lamont Jones had a career high with five steals.
- David Laury recorded the 10th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Tre Bowman recorded the first double-digit rebound game of his career.
Indiana State Game Notes
- The Sycamores won this one, but have lost six times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Indiana State is 37-23 in close games.
- Manny Arop recorded a team season high in rebounds with 12.
- The top two scorers (R.J. Mahurin and Dawon Cummings) accounted for 44.6 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Manny Arop and R.J. Mahurin) accounted for 45.0 percent of the rebounds.
- R.J. Mahurin has led the team in scoring four times in 28 games this season.
- Manny Arop has led the team in rebounding 10 times in 28 games this season.
- Jake Odum has nine straight double-digit point games.
- R.J. Mahurin has three straight double-digit point games.
- R.J. Mahurin set a career high with six field goals made.
- Manny Arop recorded the fifth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Manny Arop recorded a double-double. It was the third of his career.
- Manny Arop set a career high with 12 rebounds.