UC Riverside 58
(6-21, 1-14 away)
Portland State 66
(8-16, 8-4 home)
Venue: Stott Center
4:05PM ET / 1:05PM PT, February 23, 2013
||C Patton 22
||J Fox 12
||R Smith 4
||M Harthun 15
||A Moore 9
||L McMullan 5
Portland State defeated UC Riverside 66-58 on Saturday, Feb. 23. Aaron Moore led the Vikings and put up 13 points and nine rebounds. Gary Winston had 10 points and added three rebounds. Josh Fox registered a double-double for the Highlanders with 10 points and 12 rebounds. This makes three wins in a row for the Vikings. The next game will be on Thursday, Feb. 28 when Portland State (8-15, 5-10 Big Sky) hosts North Dakota (12-14, 9-8 Big Sky).
Portland State Game Notes
- The last time PSU started the season 8-16 was 2000.
- The win over UC Riverside extended the Portland State winning streak to three games.
- PSU beat the spread by 2.5 points. That makes the 10th time this season the Vikings have beaten the spread.
- This season Portland State has won 83 percent of the time (5-1) when Michael Harthun has 15 points or more.
- The Vikings have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past four games.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--PSU has a 6.4 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Michael Harthun and Aaron Moore) accounted for 42.4 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Aaron Moore and Michael Harvey) accounted for 42.4 percent of the rebounds.
- Michael Harthun has led the team in scoring in six out of 24 games this season.
- Aaron Moore has led the team in rebounding in 15 out of 24 games this season.
- Aaron Moore has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- Gary Winston has four straight double-digit point games.
- Michael Harthun has three straight double-digit point games.
UC Riverside Game Notes
- Chris Patton accounted for 37.9 percent of the team's points.
- Josh Fox accounted for 36.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Chris Patton has led the team in scoring 13 times in 27 games this season.
- Josh Fox has led the team in rebounding 14 times in 27 games this season.
- This marks the fourth 20-point game of Chris Patton's career.
- Josh Fox recorded the third double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Josh Fox recorded a double-double. It was the third of his career.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Lucas Devenny.
|B-||D. Winston Jr.||23||4||4||3||0||0||1|