(16-13, 4-9 away)
(15-13, 10-3 home)
Venue: UIC Pavilion
4:00PM ET / 1:00PM PT, February 23, 2013
||W Lemon Jr. 22
||T Pickett 6
||D Simms-Edwards 4
||D Barnes 18
||D Barnes 5
||G Talton 3
On Saturday, Feb. 23, UIC lost a close one to Bradley 63-62. Daniel Barnes put up a team-high 18 points and five rebounds in the loss. Marc Brown scored 13 points and added four rebounds. For the Braves, Walt Lemon Jr. finished with a game-high 22 points and five rebounds (4 Stl 3 Ast). This makes three losses in a row for the Flames. UIC (15-13, 6-8 Horizon) hosts Wright State (18-8, 9-5 Horizon) on Tuesday, Feb. 26.
UIC Game Notes
- UIC started 15-13 during the 2007, 2004, and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- The Flames have been unlucky two times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, UIC is 21-33 in close games.
- The Flames have lost 75 percent of the time this season (1-3) after having a three-point percentage of 21.1 percent or worse.
- When the opposition records 24 or more field goals made this season, UIC has lost 78 percent of the time (2-7).
- This is the second loss of the season where the Flames opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--UIC has a 7.8 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Daniel Barnes and Marc Brown) accounted for 50.0 percent of the points.
- Daniel Barnes has led the team in scoring four times and in rebounding 7 times in 28 games this season.
Bradley Game Notes
- The Braves won this one, but have lost four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Bradley is 27-31 in close games.
- Walt Lemon Jr. accounted for 34.9 percent of the team's points.
- Walt Lemon Jr. has led the team in scoring 15 times in 29 games this season.
- Tyshon Pickett has led the team in rebounding 11 times in 29 games this season.
- Dyricus Simms-Edwards has three straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 13th 20-point game of Walt Lemon Jr.'s career.
- Walt Lemon Jr. has 12 straight double-digit point games.
- Tyshon Pickett has four straight double-digit point games.
- This was the fifth foul out of the season for Will Egolf.
|A+||Walt Lemon Jr.||36||22||5||3||4||2||4|