On Saturday, Feb. 23, Bradley nipped UIC 63-62. The Braves got the win with a game-high 22 points and five rebounds (4 Stl 3 Ast) from Walt Lemon Jr. Dyricus Simms-Edwards had 17 points and added four assists. For the Flames, Daniel Barnes finished with a team-high 18 points and five rebounds. Next up for Bradley (16-13, 7-9 The Valley) is Creighton (22-6, 11-5 The Valley) on Wednesday, Feb. 27 at home.
Bradley Game Notes
- The last time BU started the season 16-13 was 2008.
- BU beat the spread by one points. That makes the 14th time this season the Braves have beaten the spread.
- The Braves have won four close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Bradley is 27-31 in close games.
- The Braves have won 83 percent of the time this season (5-1) after recording 37 or more rebounds.
- BU has won 89 percent of the time this season (8-1) when opponents record 62 or fewer total points.
- This season Bradley has won 71 percent of the time (5-2) when Dyricus Simms-Edwards has 17 points or more.
- The Braves have recorded more steals than their opponents for the past six games.
- This is the sixth win of the season where the Braves came back after being down at halftime.
- Walt Lemon Jr. accounted for 34.9 percent of the team's points.
- Walt Lemon Jr. has led the team in scoring in 15 out of 29 games this season.
- Tyshon Pickett has led the team in rebounding in 11 out of 29 games this season.
- Dyricus Simms-Edwards has three straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 13th 20-point game of Walt Lemon Jr.'s career.
- Walt Lemon Jr. has 12 straight double-digit point games.
- Tyshon Pickett has four straight double-digit point games.
- This was the fifth foul out of the season for Will Egolf.
UIC Game Notes
- The Flames have lost two times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, UIC is 21-33 in close games.
- This loss extended the Flames losing streak to three games.
- The top two scorers (Daniel Barnes and Marc Brown) accounted for 50.0 percent of the points.
- Daniel Barnes has led the team in scoring four times and in rebounding seven times in 28 games this season.