SE Louisiana 52
(10-15, 3-12 away)
(12-15, 10-4 home)
Venue: Winthrop Coliseum
4:00PM ET / 1:00PM PT, February 23, 2013
||D Evans 11
||R Woods 8
||J Ricard 2
||J Jerome 14
||S Johnson 7
||G Gamble 4
On Saturday, Feb. 23, Winthrop topped Southeastern Louisiana 66-52. The Eagles were led by Gideon Gamble, who put up 13 points and five rebounds. Steve Johnson had a season-high 12 points and added seven rebounds. For the Lions, Dre Evans finished with a team-high 11 points and two rebounds. Next up for Winthrop (12-15, 5-9 Big South) is Coastal Carolina (13-12, 8-6 Big South) on Wednesday, Feb. 27 on the road.
Winthrop Game Notes
- Winthrop started 12-15 during the 2010 and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- Winthrop beat the spread by 11.5 points.
- The Eagles have won every game this season (6-0) after recording 66 or more total points.
- Winthrop has won every game this season (7-0) when opponents record 52 or fewer total points.
- Winthrop has won 88 percent of the time this season (7-1) after holding an opponent to under 35.6 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Winthrop has won 80 percent of the time (4-1) when Gideon Gamble plays 32 minutes or more.
- The Eagles set a season high for free throws made (23).
- The Eagles have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past four games.
- This is the 14th game at home this season--Winthrop has a 5.9 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Joab Jerome recorded a team season high in free throws made with 12 and free throws attempted with 17.
- The top two scorers (Joab Jerome and Gideon Gamble) accounted for 40.9 percent of the points.
- Joab Jerome has led the team in scoring in six out of 27 games this season.
- Joab Jerome has five straight double-digit point games.
- Joab Jerome had a career high with 12 free throws made.
Southeastern Louisiana Game Notes
- Roger Woods accounted for 30.7 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Dre Evans has led the team in scoring six times in 25 games this season.
- Roger Woods has led the team in rebounding three times in 25 games this season.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Onochie Ochie.