On Saturday, Feb. 23, James Madison lost in front of the home crowd against Georgia State 66-62 in conference play. The Dukes are now 0-2 against Georgia State this season. A.J. Davis earned a double-double in a losing effort including a game-high 22 points and 10 rebounds. Devon Moore also had a great outing, scoring 14 points and adding five assists (4 Reb 3 Stl). For the Panthers, James Vincent got a season-high 16 points and seven rebounds. The next game will be on Saturday, Mar. 2 when James Madison (16-14, 10-7 CAA) travels to William & Mary (12-13, 6-8 CAA).
James Madison Game Notes
- The Dukes have been unlucky six times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, James Madison is 25-39 in close games.
- The Dukes have lost 78 percent of the time this season (2-7) after having a three-point percentage of 26.1 percent or worse.
- James Madison has lost 75 percent of the time this season (1-3) after recording eight or fewer free throws made.
- When the opposition records seven or more steals this season, James Madison has lost 75 percent of the time (2-6).
- The Dukes have recorded more steals than their opponents for the past four games.
- James Madison has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past five games.
- This is the 14th game at home this season--JMU has a 9.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- A.J. Davis accounted for 35.4 percent of the team's points.
- A.J. Davis accounted for 30.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- A.J. Davis has led the team in scoring in seven out of 30 games this season.
- Devon Moore has seven straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 16th 20-point game of A.J. Davis's career.
- A.J. Davis has four straight double-digit point games.
- A.J. Davis recorded a double-double. It was the second of his career.
- A.J. Davis had career highs with 10 rebounds and nine defensive rebounds.
Georgia State Game Notes
- The Panthers won this one, but have lost eight times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Georgia State is 33-48 in close games.
- The top two scorers (James Vincent and Devonta White) accounted for 46.9 percent of the points.
- James Vincent has led the team in rebounding 10 times in 30 games this season.
- R.J. Hunter has three straight double-digit point games.
- James Vincent set a career high with seven defensive rebounds.