Norfolk State won on the road against Delaware State 60-56 in MEAC play on Saturday, Feb. 23. Norfolk State led 33-18 at the half, but Delaware State fought back in the second half to get close at the end. With the win, the Spartans remain undefeated against Delaware State this season at 2-0. Pendarvis Williams played brilliantly for the Spartans and put up a game-high 18 points and six rebounds. Brandon Goode also had a good game, scoring 16 points and adding eight rebounds. Marques Oliver registered a double-double for the Hornets with 12 points and 11 rebounds. The Spartans are on a five-game win streak. Next up for Norfolk State (18-10, 13-0 MEAC) is Bethune-Cookman (10-16, 5-6 MEAC) on Saturday, Mar. 2 at home.
Norfolk State Game Notes
- The win over Delaware State extended the Norfolk State winning streak to 12 games.
- The Spartans have won six close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Norfolk State is 32-26 in close games.
- Norfolk State has won every game this season (7-0) when its field goal percentage has been 47.2 percent or better.
- The Spartans have won 87 percent of the time this season (13-2) after recording 25 or more field goals made.
- NSU has won every game this season (5-0) when opponents record 56 or fewer total points.
- NSU has won 93 percent of the time this season (14-1) after holding an opponent to under 41.5 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Norfolk State has won 86 percent of the time (6-1) when Pendarvis Williams has 18 points or more, 73 percent of the time (8-3) when Rob Johnson plays 33 minutes or more, and 78 percent of the time (7-2) when Jamel Fuentes has five rebounds or more.
- The Spartans have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past seven games.
- The top two scorers (Pendarvis Williams and Brandon Goode) accounted for 56.6 percent of the points.
- Pendarvis Williams has led the team in scoring in 13 out of 28 games this season.
- Brandon Goode has led the team in rebounding in eight out of 28 games this season.
- Pendarvis Williams has three straight double-digit point games.
Delaware State Game Notes
- The Hornets have lost five times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Delaware State is 22-38 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Tyshawn Bell and Marques Oliver) accounted for 44.6 percent of the points.
- Marques Oliver accounted for 39.2 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Marques Oliver has led the team in rebounding 14 times in 26 games this season.
- Marques Oliver recorded the 19th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Marques Oliver recorded a double-double. It was his fourth this season and 16th of his career.