(11) Georgetown 57
(21-4, 5-2 away)
(8) Syracuse 46
(22-5, 16-1 home)
Venue: Carrier Dome
4:00PM ET / 1:00PM PT, February 23, 2013
||O Porter 33
||M Ayegba 10
||J Trawick 5
||C Fair 13
||R Christmas 8
||M Carter-Williams 5
On Saturday, Feb. 23, No. 11 Georgetown got a road victory against No. 8 Syracuse 57-46 in conference action. The Hoyas are now 5-1 versus AP-Ranked teams this season with the win. The Hoyas were led by Otto Porter, who got a career-high 33 points (8 Reb 5 Stl), with 15 coming from three-point range. Moses Ayegba had one point and added 10 rebounds. C.J. Fair finished with a team-high 13 points and seven rebounds for the Orange. Next up for Georgetown (21-4, 11-3 Big East) is Connecticut (18-7, 8-5 Big East) on Wednesday, Feb. 27 on the road.
Georgetown Game Notes
- The last time GTOWN started the season 21-4 was 2007.
- The win over Syracuse extended the Georgetown winning streak to nine games.
- GTOWN beat the spread by 18 points. That makes the 14th time this season the Hoyas have beaten the spread.
- Prior to this game, GTOWN played 52 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 27-25.
- The Hoyas have won every game this season (10-0) after recording nine or more steals.
- Georgetown has won 92 percent of the time this season (12-1) after committing 12 or fewer turnovers.
- GTOWN has won every game this season (4-0) when opponents record 46 or fewer total points.
- GTOWN has won every game this season (9-0) after holding an opponent to under 34.0 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Georgetown has won 79 percent of the time (11-3) when Markel Starks plays 36 minutes or more and 91 percent of the time (10-1) when Otto Porter has four free throws made or more.
- The Hoyas have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past 12 games.
- Georgetown has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past four games.
- This is the second win of the season where the Hoyas came back after being down at halftime.
- Otto Porter recorded a team season high in field goals made with 12, steals with five, and field goals attempted with 19.
- Otto Porter accounted for 57.8 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Moses Ayegba and Otto Porter) accounted for 52.9 percent of the rebounds.
- Otto Porter has led the team in scoring in 14 out of 25 games this season.
- Moses Ayegba has led the team in rebounding in three out of 25 games this season.
- This marks the seventh 20-point game of Otto Porter's career.
- Otto Porter has 12 straight double-digit point games.
- Otto Porter had career highs with 33 points, 12 field goals made, five three-pointers, and five steals.
- Moses Ayegba recorded the second double-digit rebound game of his career.
Syracuse Game Notes
- The top two scorers (C.J. Fair and James Southerland) accounted for 56.5 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Rakeem Christmas and C.J. Fair) accounted for 41.6 percent of the rebounds.
- C.J. Fair has led the team in scoring 11 times in 27 games this season.
- Rakeem Christmas has led the team in rebounding eight times in 27 games this season.
- Brandon Triche has three straight double-digit point games.
- C.J. Fair has 17 straight double-digit point games.
- James Southerland has five straight double-digit point games.