East Tenn State 61
(10-20, 5-11 away)
(14-15, 11-3 home)
Venue: Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena
3:15PM ET / 12:15PM PT, February 23, 2013
|East Tenn State
|East Tenn State
||H Harris 22
||H Harris 6
||P McClain 5
||K Fleming 18
||K McDougald 8
||K McDougald 3
East Tennessee State just barely got by Jacksonville 61-58 in Atlantic Sun action on Saturday, Feb. 23. With the win, the Buccaneers tie the season series against Jacksonville at 1-1. The Buccaneers got the win with a game-high 22 points and six rebounds from Hunter Harris. Jarvis Jones had 11 points. For the Dolphins, Kordario Fleming finished with a season-high 18 points and six rebounds. East Tennessee State (10-20, 8-9 Atlantic Sun) takes on USC Upstate (14-15, 8-8 Atlantic Sun) on Friday, Mar. 1 at home.
East Tennessee State Game Notes
- The Buccaneers have won five close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, East Tennessee State is 34-30 in close games.
- ETSU has won every game this season (6-0) after holding an opponent to under 40.4 percent field goal percentage.
- ETSU has won 80 percent of the time this season (4-1) when opponents record 58 or fewer total points.
- This season East Tennessee State has won 86 percent of the time (6-1) when Petey McClain has five assists or more.
- ETSU set season lows for rebounds (21) and three-pointers (two).
- Hunter Harris accounted for 36.0 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Hunter Harris and Rashawn Rembert) accounted for 42.8 percent of the rebounds.
- Hunter Harris has led the team in scoring three times and in rebounding 12 times in 30 games this season.
- Jarvis Jones has 17 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the second 20-point game of Hunter Harris's career.
Jacksonville Game Notes
- The Dolphins have lost five times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Jacksonville is 26-26 in close games.
- Kordario Fleming accounted for 31.0 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Keith McDougald and Kordario Fleming) accounted for 41.1 percent of the rebounds.
- Keith McDougald has led the team in rebounding four times in 29 games this season.
- Kordario Fleming has three straight double-digit point games.
- Keith McDougald has four straight double-digit point games.
- Jarvis Haywood has three straight double-digit point games.