(18-9, 5-6 away)
Venue: Pete Maravich Center
1:45PM ET / 10:45AM PT, February 23, 2013
||T Releford 36
||R Cooper 9
||T Releford 3
||J O`Bryant III 24
||C Carmouche 11
||A Hickey 7
In a high-scoring affair, Alabama dropped a close one to LSU 97-94 in triple overtime. The loss evens the season series between the two teams at 1-1. Trevor Releford put up a remarkable 36 points and five rebounds (3 Ast 3 Stl) in the Crimson Tide loss. Rodney Cooper had 18 points and added nine rebounds. Charles Carmouche recorded a double-double for the Tigers on 20 points and 11 rebounds. Next up for Alabama (18-9, 10-4 SEC) is Auburn (9-17, 3-10 SEC) on Tuesday, Feb. 26 at home.
Alabama Game Notes
- The last time Alabama started the season 18-9 was 2011.
- Alabama has played in one overtime game this season. Over the last five seasons, the Crimson Tide have played in 10 overtime games with a record of 6-4.
- The Crimson Tide have been unlucky five times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Alabama is 29-30 in close games.
- When the opposition records nine or more steals this season, Alabama has lost 75 percent of the time (1-3).
- The Crimson Tide set season highs for field goals made (35) and total points (94).
- The last time Alabama recorded at least 94 total points was Jan 26, 2008 against Auburn.
- Alabama has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past five games.
- This is the fifth loss of the season where the Crimson Tide opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- Trevor Releford recorded a team season high in points with 36 and field goals made with 14.
- Rodney Cooper tallied a team season high in field goals attempted with 22.
- Trevor Releford accounted for 38.2 percent of the team's points.
- Trevor Releford has led the team in scoring in 11 out of 27 games this season.
- Rodney Cooper has led the team in rebounding in 10 out of 27 games this season.
- This marks the ninth 20-point game of Trevor Releford's career.
- Trevor Releford had career highs with 36 points, 14 field goals made, and a 100 percent three-point percentage.
- Trevor Lacey has three straight double-digit point games.
- Rodney Cooper has seven straight double-digit point games.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Levi Randolph.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Moussa Gueye.
LSU Game Notes
- The Tigers won this one, but have lost five times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, LSU is 26-24 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Johnny O`Bryant III and Charles Carmouche) accounted for 45.3 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Charles Carmouche and Johnny O`Bryant III) accounted for 44.6 percent of the rebounds.
- Johnny O`Bryant III has led the team in scoring eight times in 25 games this season.
- This marks the sixth 20-point game of Charles Carmouche's career.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Charles Carmouche.
- Charles Carmouche recorded a double-double. It was the second of his career.
- Charles Carmouche set career highs with 11 rebounds and nine defensive rebounds.
- This marks the sixth 20-point game of Johnny O`Bryant III's career.
- Johnny O`Bryant III has 11 straight double-digit point games.
- Johnny O`Bryant III recorded a double-double. It was his 12th this season and 14th of his career.
- Anthony Hickey has three straight double-digit point games.
- Anthony Hickey set a career high with seven assists.
- Andre Stringer set a career high with a 100 percent three-point percentage.
|A+||J. O`Bryant III||51||24||10||3||0||1||4|
|D+||A. Del Piero||14||2||2||0||0||0||1|