Washington State 56
(11-17, 1-10 away)
(12) Arizona 73
(23-4, 14-2 home)
Venue: McKale Center
3:00PM ET / 12:00PM PT, February 23, 2013
||B Motum 20
||B Motum 5
||D Shelton 5
||K Parrom 19
||K Parrom 7
||N Johnson 6
Washington State was destroyed by No. 12 Arizona 73-56 in conference play on Saturday, Feb. 23. This one was over at the half, with Arizona up 35-19. The Cougars are still looking for their first win over an AP-Ranked team this season (0-6). D.J. Shelton got seven points and five rebounds in a losing effort. Brock Motum had 20 points and added five rebounds. For the Wildcats, Kevin Parrom finished with a season-high 19 points, including 5-of-6 shooting from three-point range. The next game will be on Sunday, Mar. 3 when Washington State (11-16, 2-13 Pac 12) goes to Washington (14-13, 6-8 Pac 12).
Washington State Game Notes
- The last time WSU started the season 11-17 was 2005.
- Prior to this game, WSU played 29 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 8-21.
- Washington State has lost 86 percent of the time this season (1-6) after recording 56 or fewer total points.
- When the opposition records 73 or more total points this season, Washington State has lost 100 percent of the time (0-6).
- When the opposition records 12 or more free throws made this season, Washington State has lost 85 percent of the time (2-11).
- When the opposition records 25 or more field goals made this season, Washington State has lost 78 percent of the time (2-7).
- WSU set a season low for rebounds (23).
- Washington State has recorded fewer rebounds than their opponents for the past four games.
- Brock Motum accounted for 35.7 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (D.J. Shelton and Brock Motum) accounted for 43.4 percent of the rebounds.
- Brock Motum has led the team in scoring in 18 out of 28 games this season.
- D.J. Shelton has led the team in rebounding in 10 out of 28 games this season.
- This marks the 21st 20-point game of Brock Motum's career.
- Brock Motum has 28 straight double-digit point games.
Arizona Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Kevin Parrom and Mark Lyons) accounted for 45.2 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Kevin Parrom and Kaleb Tarczewski) accounted for 43.3 percent of the rebounds.
- Kevin Parrom has led the team in rebounding seven times in 27 games this season.
- Mark Lyons has eight straight double-digit point games.
- Kevin Parrom set a career high with five three-pointers.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Brandon Ashley.