(19-6, 8-5 away)
(21-7, 13-2 home)
Venue: Belk Arena
3:00PM ET / 12:00PM PT, February 23, 2013
||K Jamar 28
||K Jamar 12
||K Jamar 7
||J Cohen 28
||D Brooks 8
||N Cochran 5
Davidson squared off with Montana on Saturday, Feb. 23 and beat the Grizzlies 93-87 in overtime. The Wildcats were led by Jake Cohen, who put up a team-high 28 points and four rebounds. De`Mon Brooks also had a good outing, scoring 18 points and adding eight rebounds. Kareem Jamar registered a double-double for the Grizzlies on a career-high 28 points and 12 rebounds. The Wildcats have now won 12 games straight. Davidson (21-7, 15-1 SoCon) gets Elon (19-8, 12-3 SoCon) on the road on Wednesday, Feb. 27.
Davidson Game Notes
- Davidson started 21-7 during the 2011 and 2004 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over Montana extended the Davidson winning streak to 12 games.
- Davidson has played in one overtime game this season. Over the last five seasons, the Wildcats have played in five overtime games with a record of 4-1.
- The Wildcats have won three close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Davidson is 26-16 in close games.
- Davidson has won every game this season (7-0) when its field goal percentage has been 49.2 percent or better.
- The Wildcats have won 88 percent of the time this season (7-1) after recording 16 or more assists.
- Davidson has won 85 percent of the time this season (17-3) when opponents record 10 or fewer assists.
- Davidson has won 81 percent of the time this season (13-3) after holding an opponent to under 33.3 percent three-point percentage.
- This season Davidson has won 82 percent of the time (9-2) when Chris Czerapowicz has 11 points or more, 100 percent of the time (8-0) when Nik Cochran has six free throws made or more, and 100 percent of the time (6-0) when Tom Droney has five rebounds or more.
- The Wildcats set season highs for free throws made (26) and total points (93).
- The last time Davidson recorded at least 26 free throws made was Jan 12, 2012 against Western Carolina.
- The Wildcats have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past six games.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--Davidson has a 19.2 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Jake Cohen accounted for 30.1 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (De`Mon Brooks and Chris Czerapowicz) accounted for 45.1 percent of the rebounds.
- Jake Cohen has led the team in scoring in 11 out of 28 games this season.
- De`Mon Brooks has led the team in rebounding in 11 out of 28 games this season.
- This marks the 21st 20-point game of Jake Cohen's career.
- Jake Cohen has 10 straight double-digit point games.
Montana Game Notes
- The Grizzlies have lost two times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Montana is 26-24 in close games.
- Kareem Jamar recorded a team season high in rebounds with 12, offensive rebounds with five, and field goals attempted with 20.
- Kareem Jamar accounted for 32.1 percent of the team's points.
- Kareem Jamar accounted for 32.4 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Kareem Jamar has led the team in scoring seven times and in rebounding 16 times in 25 games this season.
- This marks the ninth 20-point game of Kareem Jamar's career.
- Kareem Jamar recorded a double-double. It was his third this season and seventh of his career.
- Kareem Jamar set career highs with 28 points, 10 free throws made, and five offensive rebounds.
- Will Cherry has eight straight double-digit point games.