|Loyola Marymount||A Ireland 20.4||A Hamilton 6.8||A Ireland 3.7|
|Cal Poly||C Eversley 15.5||C Eversley 7.4||J Johnson 4.0|
Loyola Marymount visits Mott Gym on Saturday to take on Cal Poly. Tipoff is at 10 p.m. EST. The Lions are 1-1 against the Mustangs over the last four years. The last time they played they won 67-48 on Dec. 4, 2010.
In their last outing, despite 21 points and 6 rebounds from Anthony Ireland, the Lions fell to San Francisco 61-59 on Feb. 21. He contributes a team-leading 20.4 points per game, 3.7 assists per game, and 1.6 steals per game. For the Mustangs, Chris O`Brien put up 13 points and 9 rebounds in the 77-60 loss to Cal State Fullerton on Feb. 20. He contributes 2.4 rebounds per game in addition to his 4.4 points per game. Cal Poly can be found near the top of the conference standings in the following categories: turnover percentage at 15.5 percent and defensive rebounding percentage at 72.3 percent.
Cal Poly StatSmack
- Loyola Marymount embarrassed Cal Poly by 19 points the last time they played (Dec 04, 2010).
- The Loyola Marymount steals leader (Anthony Ireland, 44 steals) has more steals than the Cal Poly steals leader (Reese Morgan, 23 steals).
- Loyola Marymount players are more experienced than Cal Poly players (13,499 minutes played vs. 9,611 minutes played).
- Loyola Marymount has a stronger schedule than Cal Poly this season (SOS Rank: No. 126 vs. No. 204).
- The Loyola Marymount blocks leader (Godwin Okonji, 16 blocks) has more blocks than the Cal Poly blocks leader (Joel Awich, 10 blocks).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Loyola Marymount currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (949 to 923) than Cal Poly, per the NCAA.
- Loyola Marymount has a much higher 4-year graduation rate than Cal Poly according to Kiplinger (70.7 percent vs. 25 percent).
- The Loyola Marymount assist leader (Anthony Ireland, 99 assists) has more assists than the Cal Poly assist leader (Jamal Johnson, 92 assists).
- Anthony Ireland is ranked 9th nationally in points.
- Loyola Marymount has an average margin of victory of 10 over Cal Poly in three wins since 1995.