West Virginia was destroyed by No. 14 Oklahoma State 73-57 in conference play on Saturday, Feb. 23. The game got away from West Virginia in the second half after they trailed by just two points heading into the locker room. With the loss, the Mountaineers stay winless versus AP-Ranked teams at 0-6 for the season. The Mountaineers got a team-high 11 points and four rebounds from Aaric Murray. Kevin Noreen scored nine points and added eight rebounds. For the Cowboys, Michael Cobbins got 10 points and nine rebounds. West Virginia (13-14, 6-8 Big 12) takes on Baylor (16-10, 7-6 Big 12) on Wednesday, Feb. 27 at home.
West Virginia Game Notes
- The last time WVU started the season 13-14 was 2002.
- Prior to this game, WVU played 58 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 20-38.
- The Mountaineers have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-4) after having a field goal percentage of 30.2 percent or worse.
- West Virginia has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-8) after recording two or fewer blocks.
- When the opposition records 73 or more total points this season, West Virginia has lost 100 percent of the time (0-7).
- When the opposition records 20 or more free throws made this season, West Virginia has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 47.2 percent or better this season, West Virginia has lost 92 percent of the time (1-11).
- West Virginia has recorded fewer assists than their opponents for the past four games.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--WVU has a 3.4 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Aaric Murray has led the team in scoring in seven out of 27 games this season.
- Kevin Noreen has led the team in rebounding in six out of 27 games this season.
Oklahoma State Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Le`Bryan Nash and Markel Brown) accounted for 43.8 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Michael Cobbins and Brian Williams) accounted for 42.8 percent of the rebounds.
- Le`Bryan Nash has led the team in scoring eight times in 26 games this season.
- Michael Cobbins has led the team in rebounding four times in 26 games this season.
- Markel Brown has nine straight double-digit point games.
- Marcus Smart has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- Brian Williams set a career high with a 100 percent three-point percentage.