(24) VCU 75
(22-6, 8-3 away)
(15-11, 9-4 home)
Venue: Cintas Center
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, February 23, 2013
||T Daniels 19
||J Reddic 9
||D Theus 4
||D Davis 15
||T Taylor 9
||S Christon 7
Xavier faced off with No. 24 Virginia Commonwealth on Saturday, Feb. 23 and was beaten at home by the Rams 75-71 in conference play. Xavier was up 39-26 at the half, but blew the lead in the second half as Virginia Commonwealth came back to win it. The Musketeers are still looking for their first win over an AP-Ranked team this season (0-2). The Musketeers were led by Justin Martin, who put up 11 points and eight rebounds. Isaiah Philmore got 11 points and added two rebounds. For the Rams, Troy Daniels finished with a game-high 19 points (4 Stl 3 Reb), including 5-of-13 shooting from three-point range. Xavier (14-11, 7-5 A-10) takes on 21st-ranked Memphis (23-3, 12-0 C-USA) on Tuesday, Feb. 26 on their home court.
Xavier Game Notes
- The last time XU started the season 15-11 was 2004.
- The Musketeers have been unlucky six times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Xavier is 38-26 in close games.
- Prior to this game, XU played 18 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 8-10.
- The Musketeers set a season high for turnovers (22).
- The last time XU recorded at least 22 turnovers was Dec 03, 2011 against Purdue.
- This is the fifth loss of the season where the Musketeers opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--XU has a 8.7 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Brad Redford and Dee Davis) accounted for 42.2 percent of the points.
- Travis Taylor accounted for 31.0 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Travis Taylor has led the team in rebounding in 19 out of 26 games this season.
- Semaj Christon has 14 straight double-digit point games.
- Justin Martin had a career high with seven defensive rebounds.
Virginia Commonwealth Game Notes
- The Rams won this one, but have lost three times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Virginia Commonwealth is 36-30 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Troy Daniels and Rob Brandenberg) accounted for 49.3 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Juvonte Reddic and Treveon Graham) accounted for 46.8 percent of the rebounds.
- Troy Daniels has led the team in scoring seven times in 28 games this season.
- Juvonte Reddic has led the team in rebounding 22 times in 28 games this season.
- Juvonte Reddic has three straight double-digit point games.
- Troy Daniels set a career high with four steals.