Connecticut vs. DePaul: Full Game Preview
|Connecticut||S Napier 17.2||D Daniels 4.9||S Napier 4.6|
|DePaul||B Young 16.5||C Melvin 7.4||B Young 4.5|
Connecticut visits Allstate Arena on Saturday to take on DePaul. The game tips off at 8 p.m. EST and you can see it on BEN, MASN or The U Too. The Huskies beat the Blue Demons 99-78 on Jan. 8 and are 7-0 against them over the last four years.
Connecticut is in sixth place in the conference, DePaul is in 13th place.
The Huskies got past Cincinnati 73-66 on Feb. 21 with the help of 27 points from Shabazz Napier. The do-it-all performer chips in a team-leading 17.2 points per game, 4.6 assists per game, and 2 steals per game. For the Blue Demons, Brandon Young finished with 16 points and 7 rebounds in the 90-66 loss to Georgetown on Feb. 20. He puts up a team-leading 16.5 points per game, 4.5 assists per game, and 1.6 steals per game.
- Diaper Dandies love Connecticut. Connecticut has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than DePaul (10 vs. 8).
- Connecticut has a better conference record than DePaul this season (8-5 vs. 2-11).
- Connecticut is ranked higher than DePaul in the Big East (No. 6 vs. No. 13).
- The Connecticut steals leader (Shabazz Napier, 50 steals) has more steals than the DePaul steals leader (Brandon Young, 42 steals).
- Even computers respect Connecticut more. Connecticut has a better RPI this season than DePaul (RPI: No. 27 vs. No. 173).
- Connecticut has a much better NCSA Academic Ranking than DePaul (No. 66 vs. No. 162).
- Connecticut has more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than DePaul (eight vs. one).
- It's only wins and losses, but Connecticut has a better overall record than DePaul this season (18-7 vs. 11-15).
- Shabazz Napier is ranked 8th in the Big East in points, 5th in the Big East in three-pointers, 8th in the Big East in assists, and 5th in the Big East in steals.
- Connecticut has more NCAA Tournament wins over the last 10 years than DePaul (22 vs. one).
- Connecticut has a better scoring defense (65.2 allowed per game vs. 74.3 allowed per game) than DePaul this season.
|D||D. Robertson Jr.||14||2||3||0||0||1||1|