Texas Tech 66
(9-16, 1-6 away)
Iowa State 86
(19-8, 16-0 home)
Venue: James H. Hilton Coliseum
1:45PM ET / 10:45AM PT, February 23, 2013
||J Gray 20
||J Crockett 11
||J Gray 4
||C Babb 17
||M Ejim 13
||K Lucious 6
On Saturday, Feb. 23, Iowa State took on Texas Tech and easily got past the Red Raiders 86-66 in conference play. The season series between the two teams is now tied at 1-1. The Cyclones were led by Chris Babb, who got a team-high 17 points, with 15 coming from three-point range. Will Clyburn had 17 points and added six rebounds (3 Ast 3 Blk). Jaye Crockett got a double-double for the Red Raiders on 13 points and 11 rebounds. This makes three wins in a row for the Cyclones. Iowa State (19-8, 9-5 Big 12) gets ninth-ranked Kansas (22-4, 10-3 Big 12) at home on Monday, Feb. 25.
Iowa State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 4:07 left to go.
- The last time ISU started the season 19-8 was 2011.
- The win over Texas Tech extended the Iowa State winning streak to three games.
- ISU beat the spread by one points. That makes the 12th time this season the Cyclones have beaten the spread.
- This was the ninth blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, ISU has been on the winning end of 35 blowout games.
- The Cyclones have won every game this season (4-0) after recording 23 or more free throws made.
- Iowa State has won 82 percent of the time this season (9-2) when its field goal percentage has been 49.1 percent or better.
- Iowa State has won 79 percent of the time this season (11-3) after committing 13 or fewer turnovers.
- ISU has won 94 percent of the time this season (16-1) when opponents record 13 or fewer free throws made.
- ISU has won 90 percent of the time this season (9-1) after holding an opponent to under 40.4 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Iowa State has won 79 percent of the time (11-3) when Tyrus McGee has 13 points or more, 78 percent of the time (14-4) when Will Clyburn has five field goals made or more, and 79 percent of the time (11-3) when Korie Lucious has six assists or more.
- The Cyclones have recorded more three-pointers than their opponents for the past six games.
- This is the 15th game at home this season--ISU has a 20.6 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Melvin Ejim recorded a team season high in defensive rebounds with 11.
- Melvin Ejim accounted for 30.2 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Will Clyburn has led the team in scoring in eight out of 27 games this season.
- Melvin Ejim has led the team in rebounding in 19 out of 27 games this season.
- Tyrus McGee has seven straight double-digit point games.
- Melvin Ejim recorded the 28th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Melvin Ejim recorded a double-double. It was his 12th this season and 19th of his career.
- This was the fourth foul out of the season for Georges Niang.
Texas Tech Game Notes
- This was the sixth blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, TTU has been on the losing end of 26 blowout games.
- This loss extended the Red Raiders losing streak to eight games.
- Josh Gray accounted for 30.3 percent of the team's points.
- Jaye Crockett accounted for 35.4 percent of the team's rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (18) than the starters (12).
- Josh Gray has led the team in scoring four times in 25 games this season.
- Jaye Crockett has led the team in rebounding 14 times in 25 games this season.
- This marks the second 20-point game of Josh Gray's career.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Josh Gray.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Jordan Tolbert.
- Jaye Crockett recorded the 13th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jaye Crockett has three straight double-digit point games.
- Jaye Crockett recorded a double-double. It was his eighth this season and 13th of his career.
|C||J. Williams, Jr.||12||4||2||1||0||0||2|