On Saturday, Feb. 23, Iowa took on Nebraska and lost at home against the Cornhuskers 64-60 in conference play. Iowa was up 41-25 at the half, but blew the lead in the second half as Nebraska came back to win it. Aaron White secured a double-double in the Hawkeyes loss with 15 points and 13 rebounds. Mike Gesell had six points and added six assists. Shavon Shields finished with 17 points and seven rebounds for the Cornhuskers. Iowa (17-10, 6-8 Big Ten) gets Purdue (12-13, 5-7 Big Ten) at home on Wednesday, Feb. 27.
Iowa Game Notes
- The last time Iowa started the season 17-10 was 2004.
- The Hawkeyes have been unlucky six times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Iowa is 19-30 in close games.
- Iowa has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-3) after recording 60 or fewer total points.
- The Hawkeyes have lost 88 percent of the time this season (1-7) after having a field goal percentage of 36.8 percent or worse.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 46.4 percent or better this season, Iowa has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- The Hawkeyes have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past four games.
- This is the third loss of the season where the Hawkeyes opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- Aaron White recorded a team season high in rebounds with 13 and defensive rebounds with 10.
- The top two scorers (Roy Devyn Marble and Aaron White) accounted for 55.0 percent of the points.
- Aaron White accounted for 34.2 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Roy Devyn Marble has led the team in scoring in nine out of 27 games this season.
- Aaron White has led the team in rebounding in nine out of 27 games this season.
- Aaron White recorded the eighth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Aaron White recorded a double-double. It was his third this season and seventh of his career.
- Aaron White had career highs with 13 rebounds and 10 defensive rebounds.
- Roy Devyn Marble has four straight double-digit point games.
Nebraska Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Dylan Talley and Shavon Shields) accounted for 54.6 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Brandon Ubel and Shavon Shields) accounted for 44.1 percent of the rebounds.
- Dylan Talley has led the team in scoring 13 times in 27 games this season.
- Brandon Ubel has led the team in rebounding 16 times in 27 games this season.
- Dylan Talley has five straight double-digit point games.