On Saturday, Feb. 23, Vermont took on Canisius and beat the Golden Griffins 87-79. Trey Blue had a big game for the Catamounts and got 17 points and four rebounds. Clancy Rugg had 17 points and added five rebounds. For the Golden Griffins, Harold Washington got a season-high 29 points and two rebounds. Vermont (18-9, 10-4 America East) takes on Binghamton (3-24, 1-13 America East) on Thursday, Feb. 28 on the road.
Vermont Game Notes
- UVM beat the spread by 4.5 points.
- The Catamounts have won every game this season (5-0) after recording 26 or more field goals made.
- UVM has won every game this season (5-0) when opponents record 26 or fewer rebounds.
- This season Vermont has won 80 percent of the time (4-1) when Clancy Rugg has 17 points or more, 76 percent of the time (13-4) when Brian Voelkel plays 32 minutes or more, and 100 percent of the time (4-0) when Trey Blue has six field goals made or more.
- The Catamounts set season highs for free throws made (27), three-pointers (eight), and total points (87).
- The last time UVM recorded at least 27 free throws made was Jan 29, 2012 against New Hampshire.
- Vermont has recorded fewer three-pointers than their opponents for the past five games.
- This is the 13th game at home this season--UVM has a 8.8 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Ethan O`Day and Trey Blue) accounted for 44.8 percent of the points.
- Clancy Rugg has led the team in rebounding in six out of 27 games this season.
- Sandro Carissimo has three straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the first 20-point game of Ethan O`Day's career.
- Clancy Rugg had a career high with a 100 percent three-point percentage.
- Luke Apfeld has three straight double-digit point games.
Canisius Game Notes
- Harold Washington accounted for 36.7 percent of the team's points.
- Chris Manhertz accounted for 38.4 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Harold Washington has led the team in scoring seven times in 28 games this season.
- Chris Manhertz has led the team in rebounding 16 times in 28 games this season.
- Chris Manhertz recorded the 21st double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This marks the 15th 20-point game of Harold Washington's career.
- Billy Baron has seven straight double-digit point games.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Billy Baron.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Alshwan Hymes.