(20-9, 10-5 away)
(17-12, 9-5 home)
Venue: Webster Bank Arena
1:00PM ET / 10:00AM PT, February 23, 2013
||J Puk 13
||J Puk 7
||M Black 2
||D Needham 15
||M Barrow 5
||D Needham 3
Fairfield lost in an upset to Albany 58-50 on Saturday, Feb. 23. The Stags were paced by Keith Matthews, who put up 11 points and four rebounds. Derek Needham scored 15 points and added four rebounds. John Puk finished with 13 points and seven rebounds for the Great Danes. The next game will be on Friday, Mar. 1 when Fairfield (17-12, 9-7 MAAC) heads to Manhattan (10-16, 8-8 MAAC).
Fairfield Game Notes
- The last time Fairfield started the season 17-12 was 2011.
- Fairfield has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-4) after recording 50 or fewer total points.
- The Stags have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-4) after having a field goal percentage of 37.8 percent or worse.
- When the opposition records 21 or more free throws made this season, Fairfield has lost 100 percent of the time (0-6).
- The Stags have recorded more blocks than their opponents for the past four games.
- Fairfield has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past four games.
- This is the 11th game at home this season--Fairfield has a 7.6 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Derek Needham and Keith Matthews) accounted for 52.0 percent of the points.
- Derek Needham has led the team in scoring in 17 out of 29 games this season.
- Maurice Barrow has led the team in rebounding in four out of 29 games this season.
- Keith Matthews had a career high with four steals.
- Derek Needham has three straight double-digit point games.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Derek Needham.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Maurice Barrow.
Albany Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Sam Rowley and John Puk) accounted for 44.8 percent of the points.
- Sam Rowley has led the team in scoring four times in 29 games this season.
- John Puk has led the team in rebounding seven times in 29 games this season.