Seton Hall 61
(13-15, 4-9 away)
(10) Louisville 79
(22-5, 13-1 home)
Venue: KFC Yum! Center
12:00PM ET / 9:00AM PT, February 23, 2013
||A Cosby 17
||G Teague 8
||G Teague 4
||G Dieng 23
||C Behanan 8
||R Smith 5
On an afternoon when they turned the ball over 21 times, Seton Hall was thumped by No. 10 Louisville 79-61 in conference play. The Pirates remain winless versus AP-Ranked teams at 0-8 for the season. The Pirates got a good effort from Gene Teague, who put up 16 points and eight rebounds. Aaron Cosby had a team-high 17 points and added three assists. For the Cardinals, Gorgui Dieng got a career-high 23 points and eight rebounds. Next up for Seton Hall (13-15, 2-13 Big East) is Villanova (17-10, 8-6 Big East) on Monday, Feb. 25 at home.
Seton Hall Game Notes
- The last time SHU started the season 13-15 was 2006.
- SHU beat the spread by one points. That makes the 10th time this season the Pirates have beaten the spread.
- Prior to this game, SHU played 47 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 8-39.
- Seton Hall has lost 89 percent of the time this season (1-8) after recording 31 or fewer rebounds.
- When the opposition records 79 or more total points this season, Seton Hall has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 45.6 percent or better this season, Seton Hall has lost 88 percent of the time (1-7).
- When the opposition records 20 or more free throws made this season, Seton Hall has lost 88 percent of the time (1-7).
- SHU set a season low for steals (three).
- Seton Hall has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past seven games.
- The top two scorers (Aaron Cosby and Gene Teague) accounted for 54.0 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Gene Teague and Fuquan Edwin) accounted for 45.1 percent of the rebounds.
- Aaron Cosby has led the team in scoring in six out of 28 games this season.
- Gene Teague has led the team in rebounding in 13 out of 28 games this season.
- Fuquan Edwin has seven straight double-digit point games.
- Aaron Cosby has three straight double-digit point games.
Louisville Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Gorgui Dieng and Russ Smith) accounted for 53.1 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Chane Behanan and Gorgui Dieng) accounted for 51.6 percent of the rebounds.
- Gorgui Dieng has led the team in scoring three times in 27 games this season.
- Chane Behanan has led the team in rebounding nine times in 27 games this season.
- This marks the first 20-point game of Gorgui Dieng's career.
- Gorgui Dieng set career highs with 23 points and 10 field goals made.
- Russ Smith has eight straight double-digit point games.
- Luke Hancock set career highs with a 100 percent field goal percentage and a 100 percent three-point percentage.
|-||S. Van Treese||7||1||1||0||0||0||0|