(2) Miami 65
(22-4, 10-2 away)
Wake Forest 80
(12-14, 11-4 home)
Venue: Lawrence Joel Veterans Memorial Coliseum
1:00PM ET / 10:00AM PT, February 23, 2013
||D Scott 17
||R Brown 6
||S Larkin 3
||C Harris 23
||T McKie 10
||C Miller-McIntyre 3
On Saturday, Feb. 23, Wake Forest stunned No. 2 Miami (FL) 80-65 in ACC play. With the win, the Demon Deacons improve to 2-3 versus AP-Ranked teams this season. The Demon Deacons were led by Travis McKie, who put up eight points and 10 rebounds. C.J. Harris was on fire from three-point range, going 5 for 5 to get to a game-high 23 points overall. For the Hurricanes, Shane Larkin finished with 13 points and four rebounds (3 Ast 3 Stl). Next up for Wake Forest (12-14, 5-9 ACC) is Florida State (14-12, 6-7 ACC) on Tuesday, Feb. 26 on the road.
Wake Forest Game Notes
- The last time WFU started the season 12-14 was 2011.
- WFU beat the spread by 23 points. That makes the 15th time this season the Demon Deacons have beaten the spread.
- Prior to this game, WFU played 27 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 10-17.
- The Demon Deacons have won 88 percent of the time this season (7-1) after recording 26 or more field goals made.
- The Demon Deacons set a season high for blocks (nine).
- The Demon Deacons have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past four games.
- This is the 14th game at home this season--WFU has a 5.9 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (C.J. Harris and Codi Miller-McIntyre) accounted for 47.5 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Travis McKie and Devin Thomas) accounted for 50.0 percent of the rebounds.
- C.J. Harris has led the team in scoring in 10 out of 26 games this season.
- Travis McKie has led the team in rebounding in 13 out of 26 games this season.
- This marks the 17th 20-point game of C.J. Harris's career.
- C.J. Harris has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- C.J. Harris had a career high with a 100 percent three-point percentage.
- Travis McKie recorded the 21st double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Travis McKie had a career high with five blocks.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Madison Jones.
Miami (FL) Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Durand Scott and Shane Larkin) accounted for 46.1 percent of the points.
- Durand Scott has led the team in scoring eight times in 26 games this season.
- Kenny Kadji has led the team in rebounding eight times in 26 games this season.
|C+||A. Adala Moto||26||7||4||0||0||0||0|
|-||A. Roundtree III||6||0||0||0||0||1||0|