(11-17, 7-8 away)
(16-13, 6-5 home)
Venue: Towson Center
12:00PM ET / 9:00AM PT, February 23, 2013
||F Massenat 24
||D McCoy 6
||D Lee 3
||J Hairston 20
||B Dixon 10
||R Guthrie 2
On Saturday, Feb. 23, Drexel took on Towson and was edged by the Tigers 72-71 in conference play. With the loss, the Dragons stay winless against Towson this season at 0-2. The Dragons got a game-high 24 points and three assists from Frantz Massenat. Damion Lee had 12 points and added five rebounds. Jerrelle Benimon got a double-double for the Tigers on 19 points and 10 rebounds. The next game will be on Thursday, Feb. 28 when Drexel (11-17, 7-9 CAA) goes to Old Dominion (4-22, 2-12 CAA).
Drexel Game Notes
- The last time Drexel started the season 11-17 was 2007.
- Drexel beat the spread by 2.5 points. That makes the 9th time this season the Dragons have beaten the spread.
- The Dragons have been unlucky eight times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Drexel is 27-27 in close games.
- The Dragons have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-3) after having a three-point percentage of 20.0 percent or worse.
- Drexel has lost 80 percent of the time this season (2-8) after recording 10 or fewer assists.
- When the opposition records 72 or more total points this season, Drexel has lost 100 percent of the time (0-7).
- When the opposition records six or more blocks this season, Drexel has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 46.0 percent or better this season, Drexel has lost 91 percent of the time (1-10).
- Drexel set season lows for three-pointers (two) and three-point percentage (20.0).
- The Dragons have outshot their opponents in free throw percentage for the past five games.
- Drexel has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past five games.
- Frantz Massenat accounted for 33.8 percent of the team's points.
- Frantz Massenat has led the team in scoring in 11 out of 28 games this season.
- Daryl McCoy has led the team in rebounding in 17 out of 28 games this season.
- This was the seventh foul out of the season for Daryl McCoy.
- Daryl McCoy had a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.
- This marks the 10th 20-point game of Frantz Massenat's career.
- Frantz Massenat has seven straight double-digit point games.
- Damion Lee has four straight double-digit point games.
- Derrick Thomas has eight straight double-digit point games.
Towson Game Notes
- The Tigers won this one, but have lost five times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Towson is 24-26 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Jerome Hairston and Jerrelle Benimon) accounted for 54.1 percent of the points.
- Jerrelle Benimon accounted for 30.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Jerome Hairston has led the team in scoring three times in 29 games this season.
- Jerrelle Benimon has led the team in rebounding 18 times in 29 games this season.
- Bilal Dixon recorded the 28th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jerrelle Benimon recorded the 19th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jerrelle Benimon has three straight double-digit point games.
- Jerrelle Benimon recorded a double-double. It was the 19th of his career.
- This marks the first 20-point game of Jerome Hairston's career.