On Saturday, Feb. 23, Clemson lost on their home court to Maryland 72-59 in conference play. Devin Booker put up a team-high 16 points and five rebounds for the Tigers. Milton Jennings had 10 points and added nine rebounds. Nick Faust finished with a season-high 18 points (3 Ast 3 Stl) on 70 percent shooting for the Terrapins. Clemson (13-13, 5-9 ACC) gets North Carolina (18-8, 8-5 ACC) at home on Thursday, Feb. 28.
Clemson Game Notes
- Clemson started 13-13 during the 2011 and 2004 seasons (since 1996).
- Clemson has lost 75 percent of the time this season (3-9) after recording 59 or fewer total points.
- When the opposition records 72 or more total points this season, Clemson has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 40.0 percent or better this season, Clemson has lost 100 percent of the time (0-7).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 47.6 percent or better this season, Clemson has lost 86 percent of the time (1-6).
- The Tigers have recorded more blocks than their opponents for the past four games.
- The top two scorers (Devin Booker and Jordan Roper) accounted for 49.1 percent of the points.
- Milton Jennings accounted for 31.0 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Devin Booker has led the team in scoring in 10 out of 26 games this season.
- Milton Jennings has led the team in rebounding in 10 out of 26 games this season.
- Devin Booker has four straight double-digit point games.
Maryland Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Nick Faust and Jake Layman) accounted for 41.6 percent of the points.
- Nick Faust has led the team in scoring three times in 27 games this season.
- Alex Len has led the team in rebounding 17 times in 27 games this season.
- Nick Faust set career highs with seven field goals made and four three-pointers.