|Santa Clara||K Foster 17.9||M Trasolini 7.8||E Roguemore 5.5|
|Portland||R Nicholas 12.9||R Nicholas 8.7||D Rodgers 3.4|
Santa Clara travels to Chiles Center on Saturday to take on Portland. It gets started at 5 p.m. EST and it can be seen on Time Warner or ROOT-NW. The Broncos beat the Pilots 70-46 on Jan. 31 and are 3-7 against them over the last four years.
Santa Clara is fourth in the West Coast and Portland is in eigth. Both teams continue to jockey for position.
In spite of 14 points from Brandon Clark, the Broncos came up short 85-42 against Gonzaga on Feb. 20. He tallies 7.4 points per game and also adds 2.6 assists per game. In a 70-67 victory over San Diego on Feb. 21, Kevin Bailey put up 18 points and 5 rebounds for the Pilots. He contributes 2.6 rebounds per game in addition to his 11.4 points per game.
Santa Clara has an advantage in a single key statistical area, scoring, where the Broncos have an edge over the Pilots, 74 points per game to 61 points per game.
- The Santa Clara basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Portland (92 percent vs. 80 percent).
- Yannick Atanga is ranked 9th in the West Coast in rebounds and 6th in the West Coast in blocks.
- Santa Clara has a better record at home than Portland this season (12-5 vs. 8-7).
- Santa Clara has come back to win after being down at half against Portland five times since 1998.
- Evan Roguemore is ranked 10th in the West Coast in three-pointers and 24th nationally in assists.
- Santa Clara is ranked higher than Portland in the West Coast (No. 4 vs. No. 8).
- It's only wins and losses, but Santa Clara has a better overall record than Portland this season (19-9 vs. 11-18).
- Kevin Foster is ranked 25th nationally in points, 10th nationally in three-pointers, 6th in the West Coast in assists, and 13th nationally in steals.
- Santa Clara players are more experienced than Portland players (20,521 minutes played vs. 11,150 minutes played).
- Boom! Santa Clara humiliated Portland by 24 points the last time they played (Jan 31, 2013).
- The Santa Clara scoring leader (Kevin Foster, 500 points) has more points than the Portland scoring leader (Ryan Nicholas, 380 points).
|C+||R. Cowels III||26||10||4||1||2||0||1|
|C||T. van der Mars||23||8||5||1||0||1||1|