TCU vs. Kansas: Full Game Preview
|TCU||K Anderson 11.2||A McKinney 6.4||K Anderson 3.4|
|Kansas||B McLemore 16.2||J Withey 8.5||E Johnson 4.4|
On Saturday, No. 9 Kansas plays host to TCU at Allen Fieldhouse. The game tips off at 4 p.m. EST and you can see it on Big 12 Network or MASN. The Jayhawks fell to the Horned Frogs 62-55 on Feb. 6.
Kansas is in first place in the conference, TCU is in 10th place.
The 18 points and 6 rebounds by Travis Releford helped the Jayhawks to a 68-67 victory over Oklahoma State on Feb. 20. He is putting up 12.2 points per game while also averaging 3.8 rebounds per game. For the Horned Frogs, Kyan Anderson put up 10 points and 8 assists in the 68-59 loss to Texas on Feb. 19. He leads the team in points with 11.2 per game, assists with 3.4 per game, and steals with 1.5 per game.
Kansas appears to have a key statistical advantage in two areas. With the edge in scoring (73 points per game to 53 points per game), the Jayhawks should find themselves in a good position on offense. Additionally, Kansas has the advantage over TCU in rebounding, 39 per game to 32 per game.
- Kansas has a better record on the road than TCU this season (6-2 vs. 1-7).
- Elijah Johnson is ranked 5th in the Big 12 in assists.
- Diaper Dandies love Kansas. Kansas has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than TCU (32 vs. 0).
- Kansas is ranked higher than TCU in the Big 12 (No. 1 vs. No. 10).
- Kansas has a potent offense, scoring more points (73.2 per game vs. 54.2 per game) than TCU this season.
- Kansas has more Final Four appearances over the last 10 years than TCU (three vs. zero).
- Kansas has been the favorite four out of the last four times.
- Kansas is better at defending the three (30.4 percent allowed vs. 34.2 percent allowed) than TCU this season.
- Jeff Withey is ranked 9th in the Big 12 in points, 2nd in the Big 12 in rebounds, and 3rd nationally in blocks.
- Kansas has more wins over the last 5 years than TCU (186 vs. 80).
- The Kansas assist leader (Elijah Johnson, 114 assists) has more assists than the TCU assist leader (Kyan Anderson, 89 assists).
|D+||N. Butler Lind||27||5||2||2||1||1||2|
|D||C. Hill Jr.||18||4||2||0||0||0||1|
|D||Clyde Smith III||11||1||1||1||0||0||1|
|C-||A. White III||6||3||1||0||0||0||1|