|New Mexico||K Williams 14.4||A Kirk 8.0||K Williams 4.6|
|Colorado State||C Iverson 14.1||C Iverson 9.8||D Green 4.2|
No. 22 Colorado State hosts No. 16 New Mexico at Moby Arena on Saturday. Tipoff is at 4 p.m. EST and you can catch it on NBCSN. The Rams fell to the Lobos 66-61 on Jan. 23 and are 2-8 against them over the last four years.
New Mexico and Colorado State are close together in the conference, holding down the first and second spots, respectively.
The Rams fell 61-59 to UNLV on Feb. 20. Colton Iverson finished with 16 points and 10 rebounds in the loss. He leads the team in points with 14.1 per game, rebounds with 9.8 per game, and blocks with 0.7 per game. For the Lobos, Cameron Bairstow finished with 16 points and 7 rebounds in the 60-50 win over Boise State on Feb. 16. He contributes 5.3 rebounds per game in addition to his 8.5 points per game. From a tempo-free perspective, New Mexico is strong in free throw rate at 46.3 percent. This is good enough for first in the conference and fifth in the nation.
New Mexico StatSmack
- Colorado State attacks the glass, with more rebounds (41.9 per game vs. 35.8 per game) than New Mexico this season.
- The Colorado State basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than New Mexico (73 percent vs. 56 percent).
- Dorian Green is ranked 3rd in the Mountain West in assists.
- Colton Iverson is ranked 8th in the Mountain West in points, 24th nationally in rebounds, and 8th in the Mountain West in blocks.
- The Colorado State scoring leader (Colton Iverson, 355 points) has more points than the New Mexico scoring leader (Kendall Williams, 328 points).
- Wes Eikmeier is ranked 9th in the Mountain West in three-pointers.
- The Colorado State three-point leader (Wes Eikmeier, 42 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the New Mexico three-point leader (Tony Snell, 40 three-pointers).
- Daniel Bejarano is ranked 9th in the Mountain West in rebounds.
- Colorado State has an average margin of victory of 7 over New Mexico in 15 wins since 1980.
|D+||Joe De Ciman||5||1||0||0||0||0||0|